Invest in people who invest in you.
One day, you'll finally realize that friendship isn't about who you've known the longest, but about who walked into your life and proved that they weren't leaving your side. It's about the people who are there for everything... the good, and the bad without hesitating. I know we’ve all dealt with plenty of fake friendships and toxic people, so you’ll learn that the smaller your “circle” is then the better off you are. This is how you’ll know if someone is in it for the long haul.
1. They’ll check in with you to see how you’re doing.
It may not be every day that you two speak, and it doesn’t have to be. If they do ask you how you’re doing when you two talk, then that’s all that matters. There’s no need to be worried about someone who isn’t worried about you and your well-being.
2. They’ll always be there for you, even when it’s the smallest problem in the world.
So, your shoes don’t match? That’s okay, just text your girl and she’ll figure out the outfit crisis.
3. The friendship isn’t just when it’s convenient for them.
That’s the times when you’ll know. When they’re busy, stressed out, dealing with their own problems, doing something important, with their boyfriend, or whatever it may be. They will still answer your phone call, shoot you a text message, and try to be there for you just like any other time.
4. There’s no topic that’s ever off limits.
If there’s a weird bump on your boob, it’s safe to tell them all about it. You’re allowed to be as open as you want to be with them.
5. You’re always in a judge free zone.
The night that you got too wasted and stuck your tongue down someone’s throat, or the time you cussed your sister out over something petty, it’s never held against you.
6. No matter how mad you are at each other for the time being, it doesn’t last over twelve hours because you end up having something to tell them.
You can be as mad as the world at each other, but you forgive and forget without having to be asked. You end up having to tell each other some latest gossip or vent to them about your first world problems.
7. You can always be brutally honest with each other and know that it won’t change anything.
When a shirt looks bad on you, your hair isn’t pretty, you’re overreacting, you made a bad decision, you upset each other, or whatever the situation may be… You’ll be able to tell each other what’s bothering you without having to worry about the relationship changing.
8. You end up becoming connected to each other.
Whether it’s because they were there for the lowest time of your life, or because you’ve just invested too much time into each other already, you don’t want to ever let go of the friendship you have or think about your life without them.
9. You probably met each other through the saddest, weirdest, or craziest situation which just means God put you in each other’s life for a certain reason.
It could have been through a heartbreak, a boyfriend, an old friendship, a flat tire, or whatever the situation is. You just know that deep down it’s because God knew you both needed each other for the better… and the worst.
10. Lastly, when push comes to shove… they’re going to love you with all of their heart regardless.Even if things don’t work out with that boyfriend, or that heartbreak finally heals… they’re still going to love you.
There’s always going to be the fake friends who don’t care about losing you one way or another, but the ones in for the long haul make life what it is. Life wouldn’t be the same without them, and no one should take advantage of that. So, let her know you’re thankful for your lifetime gal! I know I sure am.