Finding Your Purpose In Life

Finding Your Purpose In Life

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't - you're right." - Henry Ford

25
Finding Your Purpose In Life
Photo by Austin Chan on Unsplash

What are you doing today that is making you a better version of yourself? Seriously, what are you doing to better yourself to make a difference, not only in your life but in others. Reflecting on what you are doing right now and plan on doing in the future is a step in the right direction to finding your purpose. You don't have to cure cancer or create world peace to make a difference. You can be a writer, a CEO, a cashier or a student. What you are working at now is a start to finding your purpose.

What if you don't like what you're doing? Then what? Change! You have all the power to go after a passion that you have. Want to be a basketball player? Do it. Want to be a astronaut? Do it. Your passions in life should not be put on the back burner. Society trains us to believe that we need to have a secure and stable job or a lot of money to be happy. Having a passion is the seed to finding your purpose and then working on your passion everyday will get you even closer to your purpose.

When you enjoy what you are doing, you are more likely to continue to work on your passion. Molding your passion to align with your values and interests is another way to working towards your purpose in life. Granted, there are job positions that don't allow for flexibility with responsibilities, but this should not stop you from finding other hobbies and interests that supplement your work life.

Still not convinced on your purpose? Do you have any doubts about changing what you are doing in life? Find mentors. Find people that you want to surround yourself that will help you work with your passions. Finding a mentor will give you insight based on their experiences. They can hold you accountable for the goals you have and will guide you in the right direction.

The power of purpose is one that is brushed under the carpet and unfortunately unhappy lives are the collateral damage. Be courageous enough to follow your passions in life. Life is too short to play it safe.