Angels Vs. Demons

Angels Vs. Demons

The most important angel is yourself. You were given the power to fight demons, no matter how strong they seem to be.

11
Angels Vs. Demons

Saturday September 10 was World Suicide Prevention Day. Since 2003, the goal of World Suicide Prevention Day is to raise awareness of the amount of people who have died by suicide and to ensure that those who have survived or are thinking about it know their worth. There's one death approximately every 40 seconds, which amounts to over 800,000 deaths annually. There are more suicides than the deaths from war and homicide combined. The theme for this year was "Connect, Communicate, Care," which basically symbolizes how each of us can take a step to help anyone. If you've ever felt suicidal, or even attempted it, or maybe you're just here to help others, please keep reading.

Life matters. It's something that is very difficult, especially when you're not the same as everyone else or if you're sick or you just feel crappy overall. But it matters. Whether you believe in God or not, we were put on this earth for a reason, and understanding how we came to be and what our reason for being is is beyond our power. But we're here, and we have a purpose. It could be to be the next J.K. Rowling, or the next Winston Churchill. It could be to make someone happy. Your purpose could be a hundred other things, but you have a purpose. There are so many things that can come out of our life, so why end it? dont'

Think about all the places you want to travel — envision Paris, and the way your eyes will sparkle with enough light to rival the Eiffel Tower. Think of the way the sands of Fiji will feel under your toes, or how clear the water will be, or how amazing the fireworks at Disney will be and how beautiful the Cinderella Castle will look under them. You can't go to any of these places if you take your life. When you start sinking into that hole, just remind yourself of those places and the goosebumps that will fill your entire body when you get there.

Think of your loved ones. Think of the way your mom works three jobs just to send you to school. Think of how your best friend depends on you and how he won't have anyone to joke around with anymore. Think of your little brothers and how they won't have anyone to play with or love or watch cartoons with. Think of your dad and how guilty he'll feel because he didn't try harder. Think of how badly they'll shatter without you, and the price they'll have to pay to pick up the pieces.

Even better, think of all the seasons you'll miss of your favorite show, or that reboot that's coming onto Netflix. Maybe your favorite book is turning into a movie. Your favorite artist, your favorite band, your favorite Broadway show will be going on tour eventually. One of the best parts of life is the arts; it gives us this rush of emotions all at once, it gives us this urge to improve, to love, to be. You'll miss all of this if you decide to leave.

Think of what you want out of life. Think of how badly you want to go live in New York for college, how you want to explore. Think about what you want to do, and how you've spent years trying to get there. Ending your life would just make these dreams just dreams.

There are demons inside all of us. Some demons affect the way we view ourselves, others affect the way we view others. Some only make us angry, others make us want to hide under the covers forever. In this case, the demons make us forget our worth. Yet, you can always combat demons with angels. Angels appear in mysterious ways: some appear in people, some appear in fictional characters, some appear in places. But the most important angel is yourself because you were given the power to fight demons, no matter how strong they seem to be. You have the power to ask for help and in turn you will always receive it. You have the power to reach out and fight the demons. You have the power to remember that you matter. The first step to improvement is acceptance, and these are the most beautiful things you should accept: you are a creation of God, somebody's child, a significant other, an angel.

I'm a firm believer that God has given us a will and it's what we do with it that really counts. None of us are mistakes, none of us are worthless, none of us will be forgotten. It perplexes me that we all have ambitions in life: to travel, to love, to live, yet we could be easily brought down by negativity. I've come to realize that life is hard: it will test you and it will lift you. Life could suck, but it could also be amazing: this is because of our purpose, our ambitions, and our loved ones. If we focus on our goals and surrounding ourselves with love, faith, and support, we can all be brought out of our holes. The path might get dark sometime, but if we shine some light in the tunnel, we can get to our destination.

There is help all around you. There's God, hotlines, therapists, loved ones. Reach out! Nobody wants to see you leave. Communication is key, and it's the only way you can fight that feeling. But it's only if you let someone in, your emotions are valid, and there is a whole world out that cares for your improvement. Connect with others, communicate your emotions, and care for your improvement. Every great tale has ups and downs, remember that. Your story isn't over; it's just beginning.

Here are some outlets for when you feel like you're drowning:

- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

- www.twloha.com

- http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

-https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/

- http://www.suicide.org/