Life Lessons As Told By The Hannah Montana Movie Soundtrack

The best movie of our childhood with the most iconic soundtrack.

47
Hannah Montana Wiki

Anyone that grew up in the 2000's knows of and has most likely seen the Hannah Montana movie. I remember having sleepovers with my friends to watch the debut on Disney Channel, and since then have watched it multiple times. The soundtrack of this movie is what makes it so good. Almost every song contains really profound life advice, and then there's a few that are just, well, good songs. Here's a song by song breakdown of the best songs of the soundtrack.

You’ll Always Find Your Way Back Home

No matter how far you go, home will always be home. And it will always be there for you. “You can change your hair. You can change your clothes. You can change your mind, that’s just the way it goes. You can say goodbye, and you can say hello. You’ll always find your way back home. Your best friends, your little hometown are waiting up wherever you go now.”

The Good Life

This song gives an example of bad advice and what not to focus on. Material things won’t bring you happiness. Life is good because you are living it, not because of what you own.

Don’t Walk Away

Don’t give up when you have something rare and amazing. And don’t put up with some boy who wants to just walk away when things get tough. “Don't walk away when I'm talkin' to you. This ain't no time for your bad attitude. Don't gimme that face when you know I'm really down for the chase because my hearts already in it and I'm never gonna quit it.”

Hoedown Throwdown

Well, I guess this technically isn’t life advice or anything serious. But it's still a great dance. “Pop it, lock it, polka-dot it. Countrify it then hip-hop it. Put your hawk in the sky, and move side-to-side.”

Dream

This one doesn’t need an explanation - it’s all in the lyrics. “Go out on a limb and just dream. Paint a picture, choose your colors extra wise. Do you know it's good to feel too much? The more you dream about me, the more that I believe. Nothing's ever out of reach, so dream, dream, dream.”

The Climb

You can’t forget about this iconic song. It got every 11-year-old through their tough life. “There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side. It's the climb. The struggles I'm facing and the chances I'm taking sometimes might knock me down, but no, I'm not breaking. I may not know it, but these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most.” I really could include the lyrics in its entirety, but maybe just go listen to the song once, twice, or seventeen times.

Butterfly Fly Away

Time flies by, and all of a sudden you’ve grown up and become a butterfly (or just an adult). It’s never planned, it just happens. Life just happens. “You don't understand. It's not anything we planned and kind of makes you think it's meant to be. It's a destiny. I always knew the day would come when you'd stop crawling and start to run, as beautiful as can be.”

Backwards (by Rascal Flatts)

This is another song that doesn’t necessarily have coherent life advice in the lyrics. But, if you want to know what you get when you play a country song backward, then you came to the right place. “You get your house back. You get your dog back. You get your best friend, Jackson, back. You get your truck back. You get your hair back. You get your first and second jobs back, your front porch swing, going ding-a-ling-a-ling, your bling bling bling and a diamond ring.”

Back To Tennessee (by Billy Ray Cyrus)

Living wild and making millions will never bring you true, lasting happiness. “Fancy cars and diamond rings, I've seen all kinds of shiny things. I should be feelin' like a king, but lord I don't. I've seen the road now, I know just what I need… to find my way back to Tennessee. I'm going home now, to Southern which is so sweet. And find my way back to Tennessee.”

Bless The Broken Road (by Rascal Flatts)

This one is my personal favorite. You will always find what’s meant to be yours. It will always come back to you if you once lost it. “It” being a friendship, job, or even a person you once loved. “It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true. Every long lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.”

From Your Site Articles