Life Lessons Elle Woods Taught Us

Life Lessons Elle Woods Taught Us

"I'm Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods. We're both Gemini vegetarians."

207
Life Lessons Elle Woods Taught Us
Marie Claire

In 2001, an iconic film was released starring Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods. At first glance, the movie is about a ditzy blonde sorority sister that wears copious amounts of pink attempting to get her ex boyfriend Warner back after he broke up with her for being more beauty than brains.

BUT IT ENDS UP BEING ABOUT SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. Maybe you're currently in denial about recognizing the cinematic masterpiece that Legally Blonde is, but it's time to come to terms with the fact that you secretly love it. In honor of Legally Blonde's 15 year anniversary, here are some of the best life lessons that Elle Woods taught us.

1. Happy people don't shoot their husbands.

They just don't.

2. Work for what you want.

Elle got into Harvard on her own, while Warner only got into Harvard due to his blood line.

3. Unapologetically be yourself.

Even if you're the only one wearing a bunny costume.

4. Determination goes a long way.

Elle's LSAT score of 179 means she scored in the top 0.1 percentile.

5. Bend. And. Snap. Works every time.

"The bend and snap has a 98 percent success rate in getting a man’s attention and an 83 percent rate of return on a dinner invitation." Enough said.

6. Never let anyone take advantage of you.

Saleswoman: "There's nothing I love better than a dumb blonde with Daddy's plastic."

Elle: "GIRL, bye."

7. Don't judge people at face value.

Vivian and Elle eventually became best friends.

8. Don't date total tools.

She shut Warner down when he tried to get back with her after dumping her for being more of a "Marilyn" than a "Jackie".

9. If your boss sexually harasses you, don't quit. Take his job instead!

Professor Callaghan hit on Elle, making her feel like had only been successful as one of his interns due to his appearance. Instead of quitting, she took his job as Brooke Windham's attorney.

Ladies and gentlemen, Elle Woods.

Legally Blonde and Legally Blonde 2 are both available to view on Netflix.