12 Times Leslie Knope Described Life as a Headstrong, Independent Woman

“No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me.”

97
Huffington Post

“I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.” - Leslie Knope, "Parks and Recreation"

This quote may seem stupid or pointless to others, but to you, it's a mindset that embodies the self-confidence that radiates throughout your life. People aren't always going to be there to build you up, so, you figure, why not just get ahead by constantly building yourself up? Nobody understands the "go get 'em" and "nothing can stop me" mentality you hold better than Leslie Knope.

1. You don't understand how some people constantly need compliments and reassurance because you are your own source of confidence.

2. When your friends consider going back to their (cheating) ex because they don't think they can do better.

If they're not going to realize how much better off they are without him, you're going to tell them.

3. When you see fairly smart girls turn into ditzy airheads in front of boys, hoping to impress them.

No, Sally, John isn't going to be wooed by the fact that you *hehe* forgot who the Vice President is. And if he is, John probably isn't the best guy out there.

4. When you learn that some people won't go to the cafeteria and eat by themselves.

It's obviously way more time-efficient to go to the cafe by yourself and, if you see someone you know, eat with them. If not, some "you" time is always welcomed!

5. When a guy needs your constant praises to function.

If you can function without the constant approval of others, you expect any potential significant others to be able to do the same.

6. When you see other girls pretending to be weak because they don't think guys will like them if they're physically strong.

You know that if a boy is intimidated by your strength that they're not strong enough to handle you, anyways.

7. Counseling your friends after a break-up.

You just tell them what you would tell yourself!

8. When your friends "complain" about you constantly pushing them to be the best they can be and not settle.

But if we're being honest, this is your reaction when anyone complains about you for any reason.

9. When someone doubts your ability to complete a task or fulfill a duty.

Need you say more?

10. When you realize that you don't actually know everything, and you might be wrong this one time.

Like, when your guy friends try to warn your of Joe's intentions because you're slightly oblivious.

11. When someone tells you that you're bossy.

It is just an opinion, but their opinion is obviously wrong.

12. When you lay down in bed at the end of the day, thinking of everything you accomplished.