Life Before And After Pre-Workout Powder

Lifting, pre-workout and bros.

793

Thank you, Bobby O'Neill, for giving me this idea.

I didn't know what to write about, so my best friend, who knows me better than anyone and shares a lot of the same interests as me, gave me an idea. We're bros. We do food challenges together, weight lift and we even both play linebacker for Bethany.

We both really enjoy weight lifting and muscles. Our dream is to be so big that we can't fit through doorways. I cannot tell you the amount of times we have been up at midnight lifting in the weight room, which was quickly followed by a trip to Taco Bell at 1:30 a.m.

He suggested I write about "pre" or "pre-workout." Before you close this page, let me try to convince you as to why you should keep reading.

This isn't just about pre-workout. This is about how a life was changed. Two lives actually. This is about finding something you love and going all out. This is the story about... yes, some bros and how they "bro" it up in the weight room.

But my life truly has changed ever since the first time I tried pre-workout. What is pre-workout, you may be asking? It's grabbing the reins to life, hopping on a raging bull, and racing against time for the ultimate goal. Gains. But more like in powder form that's sold in stores.

Maybe I can convince you into taking pre-workout. That's why you should keep reading. Maybe you'll get some laughs out of it. Either way, you're a little curious about what it's like to take pre-workout if you haven't already.

The first time I was introduced to Jack, I became a new man. No, not Jack Daniels. Not Jack Frost. I'm talking about Jack3D. I knew I was changed after that one workout. How? I actually wanted to lift, and when I realized I was in the weight room for over two hours, I knew I'd never go back to the life before pre.

My friend Kalyn Weber gave me a scoop of his Jack3D; I felt like it was a passing of "Michael's Secret Stuff" in "Space Jam." I drank this stuff not knowing that I was to soon be taken to an undiscovered world of unlimited energy and an itchy face.

Boom. I was sold for life.

My next step was to pass the blessings upon to someone else. Who else would be better for this life changing powder than my best bro, Bob? Exactly. No one.

I didn't even need to really talk him into it. When I told him it was like kicking Aladdin off the magic carpet and taking Jasmine to infinity and beyond, he was sold. A couple sips later and we were in our own universe full of curls and bench presses.

That was just about five years ago. To this day, we still take pre-workout. How has my life changed?

I would say I'm a decent lifter. I'm not Pat O'Hara (look him up) or Kai Greene, but Pat is just a perfect example of gifted and hard work makes a real life "He-Man." I'm a great example of how pre really can help some average joe make some gains.

Since taking pre, I've realized that any time I need a spark of energy, one scoop is all I need, and I'll be able to make it through a two hour speech.

When short of motivation, two scoops later I find myself sprinting desperately to get to the gym and magically repping out 225 pounds on the bench press for no apparent reason. But man, do you look very cool when you can do that. After three scoops, your next move will either be crushing the most killer leg workout you'll ever know, or... you'll have to take a seat for about twenty minutes to focus on not dying.

As far as I know, I've never died, so it's pretty safe stuff.

Before pre, I didn't like lifting. I was like everyone else. I showed up to the gym, lifted a couple sets of bench and squat, then ran out of things to do. After pre, I have become a gym rat that refuses to take a day off. The amount of times I've had to talk myself into not lifting that day would be more than the actual rest days I've taken the past two years, because I always end up back in the gym.

Once you become a gym rat, you learn more about what's good for your health diet wise. You begin eating healthier and learning about how to make even more gains. Which, it is pretty simple by the way, lift like crazy, eat like crazy, and probably get some rest days in there.

Two out of three isn't bad, right?

So why should you take pre-workout? Why should you even care about this at all? Because it will change your life. No, you won't become a bro in the gym and get caught checking yourself in the mirror. That takes years.

Girls can do bro things too by the way!

I'm telling you now, if you gave pre one try, you'll find yourself at your local supplement store wondering around trying to find a good one to take.

I believe you should take pre, because I want you to feel what it's like to hop on a chupacabra, fly over the seven seas while arm wrestling King Kong with your right arm, solving the Rubix cube in your left hand, and making incredible gains all at the same time.

A bit overboard? Maybe. But how will you know if you've never tried it?

I've seen pre-workout make a guy who was out of shape run a mile. He never ran a mile in his life.

I've seen it bring strangers together and help create special conversations.

I love when people take pre for the first time. Half the people have the most insane, over-hyper workout of their life. The other half believe they've had a slight heart attack. That's just fear and weakness leaving the body. Whichever half you are on, you are ready for more pre.

But what I see pre do every single day is something I cannot tell. I can only show. Some say pre isn't safe, but you'll always have nay sayers. Don't listen to the haters. You need a life changing powder that is legal.

Maybe you won't try it, and that is fine, but when you want to make a life changing sip, pre is all you need.

As for me, I'm actually just about to go lift. As I mix my pre-workout in my left hand and type with my right, I'm thanking you for reading this far. This really wasn't any more of a life-changing article than you thought it would be. Hopefully you at least got some laughs out of this.