8 Pieces Of Advice From Bob Ross

8 Pieces Of Advice From Bob Ross

Be a happy little tree.

1352
8 Pieces Of Advice From Bob Ross
pinterest.com

Bob Ross was a painter that hosted an instructional painting show on PBS for several years called The Joy of Painting. With his soothing voice and great hair, Bob quickly painted his way into America's hearts. Each show, he painted a different scene and dropped some wisdom on the viewers. Not only did Bob teach us how to paint, but he taught us how to live. Here are just a few wisdom-bombs good old Bob dropped on us.

1. In life, there is no such thing as mistakes.

Although Bob never made a mistake, you probably did while painting along. He wanted to make sure you knew a mistake was not the end of the world. Mistakes are just accidents that make our world more unique.

2. Put happy things in your world.

Don't put things that don't make you happy in your world. Surround yourself with happy things.

3. Everyone has a story.

For Bob, these paintings were real life. They were alive and everything had a story. He reminds us that everything has a story that we don't know. Where we see an empty cabin, Bob sees an adventure story. Don't forget to think of other people's stories.

4. It's okay to be different.

Like trees, people don't all grow the same way. Some people grow sideways, crooked, or bent. Bob made sure that every type of tree was included. He didn't judge, and neither should you.

5. Believe in yourself.

You can't paint if you don't believe in yourself. You can't survive in life if you don't believe in yourself.

6. Do what makes you happy.

Bob loved painting and teaching people how to paint. You could tell that just by looking at him. Do what makes you as happy as Bob Ross is while painting.

7. Everything gets easier with practice.

Bob knew that you can't paint like a professional painter on your first try. You had to practice several times and make several "happy little accidents." It gets easier with practice.

8. Beauty is everywhere.

Bob found beauty in everything and everywhere. You can't go through life just seeing the bad, see the beautiful.

I hope you enjoyed. Happy painting and God bless!