What's Up With Love and Hip Hop Atlanta
Beauty Fashion

What's Up With Love and Hip Hop Atlanta

Skin color issues, parenting issues, cave man issues and more...

102
What's Up With Love and Hip Hop Atlanta

So, I managed to peep the episode of Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, which aired on April 15th. Tokyo Vanity went to meet a trainer, Ace. He told her what she should and shouldn't eat. Che Mack met with her man Made Man. It was his birthday and he wanted to hang out with his friend. She called Shekinah to hang out with her. Che Mac wanted to go back to work, but apparently, Made Man preferred her to stay home. Why can't men just let women have their careers and their families? I'm shaking my head over this story line.

Then we have Spice, who went to chat with Joc. She talked about leaving her kids in Jamaica. She also talked about her desire to change her skin color. She said that in Jamaica when you bleach your skin, it is praised like that's a good thing. Wow, that is a big cultural difference. Spice explained that she wanted to use her platform to tell other dark skinned women that they could overcome obstacles that they may have because of their skin-color. Joc told her that she should go on with her plan as long as she is prepared for it. It's so sad that people look at others negatively or positively because of the color of their skin. That's really crazy when you think about.

Anyway, Mimi later met up with Spice in the Sweet Auburn district Atlanta. The Sweet Auburn district was full of African American businesses during the Civil Rights Movement, and Mimi took Spice to the Madame C J Walker museum there. Madame CJ Walker was the first back female millionaire in the USA. She made her millions in the beauty industry. Still, though, Spice argued with Mimi and the tour guide and didn't change her mind about changing her skin color. I hope that she was ready for the backlash from people who would not care so much about her point of raising awareness on this issue. Folks will just go in on her because she lightened her skin.

Another interesting scene was when Kirk met up with his sons' grandmother, great-grandmother and Jasmine, Kannon's mother. There had been some concerns about Rasheeda's and Jasmine's different parenting styles. Kirk had some thoughts about Jasmine's parenting of his son, also. He arranged to meet with Jasmine's mother and grandmother, because they spend a lot of time with the boy, but he didn't' expect Jasmine to pop up. It's a good thing that she did, because she was able to hear first-hand what Kirk had to say about her parenting. Now, commenters on the show, chuckled at Jasmine's hair style in her scene with Kirk and her family, but I think that Jasmine raised some good points. If Kirk had just became a part of Kannon's life, if the boy had recently (on the show) been allowed to spend time with Rasheeda and Kirk in their home, Kirk shouldn't have too much to say. The child was healthy, well-fed, and happy. They shouldn't argue about petty things like Jasmine going out once in a while or the baby wearing pull-ups. I think that they will continue to disagree, just like Momma D and CeCe, but I'll have to wait and see, won't I?