places to study around UK

5 Coffee Shops In Lexington, Kentucky That UK Students Can Study At To Avoid Willy-T

Switch up your study location for a bit!

240

We all face that time of the year where we walk into the William T Young library on the UK's campus and there is nowhere to sit because its that time in the semester where the pace is ramping up to prepare for finals. Or even maybe you are on campus all day long and can't stand another minute and just need to get away and go somewhere else to study. Each coffee shops downtown has its own unique personality, which is why there is a coffee shop out there for each and every one of you. Here are the top 5 best coffee shops to visit downtown whether you need to finish writing a paper or want to catch up with some friends!

Daily Offerings Coffee Roastery

@dailyofferingscoffeeroaste

The Roastery is a locally owned family business, which gives off such a comforting vibe from the minute you walk in the door. This coffee shop was designed after the family was enlightened after an experience they had on their trip to Africa. Their mission to accept and invite people from all around the world to discover some of the finest coffee the earth has to offer makes them truly an exceptional coffee shop. Visit them at 529 N. Main St in Downtown Lexington.

Common Grounds Coffee House 

@commongroundslex

Most students may think of Common Grounds as the coffee shop under Champions Court on the University of Kentucky's campus. Well, you are right because that happens to be one of their 3 locations! Common Grounds began in 1992, where it was just an ordinary coffee shop and now happens to be the largest locally owned coffee business in Lexington. Everything is roasted and prepared in house, so you are guaranteed to have the best of the best. Visit them at 343 East High St, UK's Campus, or 4772 Hartland Parkway.

Chocolate Holler 

@chocolateholler

Calling all chocolate lovers, this is the place for you!! You can get anything from a hot chocolate to chocolate expresso drinks to chocolate chip cookies. One of my favorite things about Chocolate Holler is the, "Pay It Forward", bulletin board. The "Pay It Forward" board allows customers to engage with the community and have a little bit of fun and decide who they want to pay ahead for whether it is a local fireman, a friend, or a person who is having a bad day. This coffee shop has been a great positive addition to the Lexington community and shows how impactful one small act of kindness is. Visit them at 400 Old Vine Street in Downtown Lexington.

A Cup of Commonwealth 

@acupofcommonwealth

A Cup of Commonwealth has a mission embrace community, serve others, and create culture. These values happened to be written on the walls of this space before they opened up the coffee shop and decided that the values really went with the mission they were going along with for this shop. Their biggest value is community. They do not want customers walking into the shop just to grab a coffee. They want their customers to engage and have conversation with the workers and the other people within the shop and come together as one. We need more coffee shops like this one with this type of culture and hopefully this is the beginning to more. Visit them at 105 Eastern Ave in Downtown Lexington.

Lussi Brown Coffee Bar 

@lussibrowncoffeebar

Lussi Brown Coffee Bar is not only a fully functioning coffee bar all day long, but is also a Nightcap Coffee Bar specializing in coffee and tea cocktails. The coffee shop is fairly new to Downtown Lexington opening in April of 2017, with a mission to "Pick your poison". What is the meaning behind that? Their logo is a skull and the "Pick your poison" comes from idea that coffee and alcohol bring you up or down, so you have to choose between one or the other. This is a great place to get a cup of coffee while studying and finish the night with a cocktail. Visit them at 114 Church Street in Downtown Lexington.