The Levels Of Trust

The Levels Of Trust

Each person you meet falls into a different category. Which level are you?

45
The Levels Of Trust

Trust, a five-letter word that is strong enough to knock you down. Some say that the word love is a strong word, but I believe trust is stronger. If you truly trust someone, they hold so much power in their hands. Some say there are levels to trusting someone, and I agree.

Trust level 1: You’d exchange stories over a quick cup of coffee, but nothing that you would be too upset about someone else knowing. You laugh with them, but they wouldn’t know your deepest secrets. You probably wouldn’t call them to rescue you if you ended up in a "Criminal Minds" type of situation.

Trust level 2: You’ve known this person for a long time; they know a lot about you, but that comes from knowing you over the years. The difference between this person and a level 1 person is that you are not as close as you have been in the past, so it is possible for level 1 to know more than level 2, because we all know that people change.

Trust level 3: This person you have not known for long, but you can sense that they are honest and trustworthy. You tell them things that you would tell your best friend but you leave out the names of individuals in your stories. You would probably call them in a "Criminal Minds" type of situation because you know they would answer, no repeated calls necessary. This person probably knows some of your deepest and darkest secrets but they probably are not aware it. This keeps you two connected. The key to maintaining this relationship is the give and take; if both parties are not sharing information, the relationship will not last.

Trust level 4: You instantly bonded with this person; they know everything about you; you trust them with your life; they’ve met your family; and vice versa. The bond you have with this person is so strong that they know your secrets along with the names that go along with it. If you were to run away, they probably know where you went, why you left, and why you ran away in the first place. They probably know more about you than your parents, sorority sisters, and best friends just because they always listen. You’d call them in any type of situation and know that they would answer. You know their work and class schedule and they know yours. These types of friendships last the longest because there are no secrets.

Trust level 5: This level is a mixture of 1 through 4. This person takes pieces of each level to form their own. They might know why you ran away, but they don’t know where you went. They can tell you your favorite color, but not your favorite food because it changes over the years. They might know your best friends, but they haven’t met your family, or vice versa. From my experience having people in your life from each category helps round you out as a person. Trust leads to great friendships and lifelong friendships; it’s the key.