Dear 2017

Dear 2017

"I'm not putting all my faith you."

23
Dear 2017
HD Wallpaper HD Pics

Dear 2017,

I'm not putting all my faith in you. That is just too easy. My mother once said never to put my eggs all in one basket and that lesson applies to a new year pretty nicely. I mean it is so easy to say, "This is going to the best year ever!" And harder to accept that just because you are writing a new year does not mean it is a new person who is writing it down. Now, in some cases that may be true but only in cases where people really want to change and mostly change is one of the harder challenges of life that nobody wants to achieve.

For me at least, last year was magical and miserable as I've heard Taylor Swift put it once. And I'm not trying to have a greater or worse year because it in fact I mostly enjoyed last year. But I'm hoping by just aiming to have a good year instead of the best year ever, I'll see if I actually get what I'm looking for this year. You have 365 days to impress me and I am warning you, that is hard to do.

2016 was a rollercoaster of a year. It blessed me with so much, so I'm hoping that you, 2017, keep some of these blessings going. Keep blessing my family with everything they deserve and keep some blessings for my friends too, they deserve it as well. I'm hoping for a less politically tense year too, if you could swing that too, 2017, but I'm guessing that is going to be a challenge considering our President-elect. I'd like it if we keep somewhat smooth sailing this year. Also, I'd like if you kept the celebrity deaths to minimum this year, last year was a little sad for my taste. Same with celebrity break ups; just a year where not too much crap hits the fan would be excellent, but maybe I'm just dreaming.

2016 also gave me the gift of many television shows. Specifically shows on Netflix. Parenthood, Gilmore Girls, all shows incredibly worth the countless hours my mom and I spent watching. I've also been enjoying a few that I'm lucky enough to see on air like Jane the Virgin or Superstore, so hopefully this year you don't ruin too many of them and keep the binge-worthy shows coming.

Last year, it felt like so much changed, and kept constantly changing. Maybe that is not a bad thing. A television show that I enjoy a little too much is Girl Meets World, the much debated spin-off of the show, Boy Meets World. A quote that I love goes like this: "Change fills my pockets with the pennies of uncertainty." And man, I can't get over how deep a children's show can get. I am going to apply to this to my life but not in the 'I'm scared' kind of way. Maybe the pennies of uncertainty are not such a bad thing. Maybe it's a good thing. Knowing what is going to happen every single day of these 365 days would make life a little less interesting. And maybe not knowing how things are going to turn out is okay because that is the kind of thing that makes me want to turn to the next page and keep going on. You never you know if these pennies are going to be heads up or down, but either way, the heads up pennies do not cancel out the heads down pennies or vice versa, they just remind you that life keeps moving.

So 2017, ready or not here I come.