A Letter To My Future Wife

A Letter To My Future Wife

Oh, how I long for the days not yet spent with you.

93
Wallpaper Folder

Dearest, though I am uncertain where you are presently, I miss you terribly.

There are moments where my soul cries out, searching for yours, only to be met with silence. Yet, I am still holding on to hope that with each passing day, it only brings me closer to finding you. My soul is longing to find its home with you.

Oh, how I long for the days not yet lived.

I cannot wait to take you to art museums. I cannot wait to travel the world with you, exploring all over this massive planet. I cannot wait for the late night trips to the store and watching the sun set and rise together. There is so much more when it comes to the amount of dates I wish to take you on, it could honestly fill book after book. Put simply, however, I just cannot wait to live life with you right by my side.

Your absence, though, does not go in vain, for it allows me to continually grow to become a better man for you and most importantly, for God. Know that I am still learning and still trying to figure out how to better love you and others through the love that Christ gave me. I still have quite a long way to go and I hope that by the time we meet, I will be better off than I am currently. Even still, I hope you will be patient with my growth.

My hope is that when we meet you will be able to be open and honest about everything with me, imperfections and all. Understand that there will be no judgement between you and your past. I want you to see yourself the way I will see you, I want you to be able to love yourself the way I will love you and how God loves you. It does not matter to me where you come from or where you have been. You are my beloved and I have no desire other than to love you regardless of all flaws.

However, I do want you to know that I promise to protect you with my all. I promise to help lead you closer to God, growing deeper in your relationship with Him. I promise to be understanding and gentle. I promise to listen to you on your good days and when the whole world seems to be falling apart. I promise to care for you, no matter what it may be. I promise to be there for you, even if that means sitting quietly together in a dark room. I promise to support you in all your dreams and passions and the callings that God has for you, even the ones He currently has you doing. I promise to accept you as who you are, flaws and all. I promise to be understanding of your past and what shaped you into who you are, now and when we meet. I promise to be patient when we fight and to not let rash emotions subdue me. I promise to never walk away from you, even in arguments; I promise to always work things out. I promise to never give up on you, no matter what trials and tribulations we may go through. Most importantly, however, I promise to love you unconditionally. For better or worse, nothing will change my love for you.

I do hope we meet soon, though I know the waiting will be worth it. I just have to be patient. I hold on to the hope that we are under the same moon and I cannot wait for when we will be able to see it together.