Dear Future Husband: I Promise

Dear Future Husband: I Promise

There are a few things you deserve to know, love.

7640
Dear Future Husband: I Promise

Being a woman of divine character is something I desire, something I crave, and something I hope to be. I wish not only to be true to my own hopes, dreams, beliefs, and career, but I hope to be true to one of the greatest gifts God will ever give me...you, my future husband.

While I'm not married yet, it doesn't mean I do not often think of the day I will be walking down the aisle to you, the man of my dreams, in a beautiful white dress. I cannot wait to purchase our first home, cook Saturday morning breakfasts with you, cuddle with you on Sundays, watch our favorite movies, adopt a couple cute dogs, and hold our very first child. All of these things excite me more than I can express; I know with all of my heart that our marriage will be amazing, I also know that there will be hardships and struggles. Because of this reason, I need you to know a few very important things.

I promise to be loyal.

I promise to stick by your side through the thick and thin. I promise to pray for you, and fight with you, right by your side. I promise to go to the Lord with my pain and frustrations, and never another man. For when I walk down the aisle towards you, I am promising to be forever yours, and only yours. This is a promise I will hold above all else. What God intended to be whole, I do not intend to ever break, my love.

I promise to work through things.

I promise to work through our difficult situations, and the arguments we may have every now and again. I promise to hold onto the fact that we are in this together; we are a team. I'm here to support and love you through any struggle or any hopeless day. Love is withstanding all complications and obstacles, instead of giving into the impulse to jump ship.

I promise to be a helper.

I promise to help you through your hard days; to do my very best to encourage and lift you up. Contrary to cultural belief, I am actually very excited about surprising you with home-cooked meals when you come home from a long work day, and cleaning the house for you. I pray that my words will be kind and sharpening. And on those days you just need to sit down and vent, I promise to listen with open ears and an open heart. Too many women these days only care about what is in it for them. I pray that my encouraging spirit shows you that I'm definitely not just in it for me and for what I can get out of the relationship, but for you and your needs as well. I promise to help carry your extra weight, for you will never have to be alone.

I promise to be respectful.

Women need love. They need to be reminded through words, touch, and time that they are valued, cherished, and loved. While I pray you will love me the way God intended, I promise to respect you the way you deserve. I hope to be the wife that doesn't nag or blame, for I know that reminding you of your faults will only weigh heavily on your heart. I hope to respect your feelings and emotions. I promise to listen to your side of things, instead of only focusing on what I believe I want and need. As my God-given protector, I promise to respect you.

I promise to love you.

Loving you is something I am ecstatic for. While loving you may not always be an easy thing, I recognize that love has no limits and no boundaries. Situations should not ever change true love, for true love is not situational. Love withstands all conflicts and obstacles, through the good times, and even the bad. I promise to love you even when I only want to do the opposite. Because I'm your girl, and I'm definitely not leaving.

And even though I'll have many faults and setbacks, I want you to know I'll always be on the sidelines, cheering you on. Let's be real here, you'll be pretty dang special to me.

And while our millennial culture sadly doesn't currently value being a godly wife of character...I do.

I promise you.

From Your Site Articles