An Open Letter To My Sister

An Open Letter To My Sister

Don't settle for less than the best

8
An Open Letter To My Sister
Barb Piepmeyer

“My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to, your dreams stay big, your worries stay small and you never need to carry more than you can hold” – Rascal Flatts

You have put me first in so many things, and I can’t thank you enough. You never fail to encourage me to keep on keeping on, so now it’s my turn. It’s ok to focus on yourself and your dreams, everything else is going to fall into place, just be patient. Your big dream is right around the corner and you’re going to make it there, I have no doubts on that. You are my best friend, my person, and even though we literally and figuratively don’t see eye to eye I have got your best interest in mind. You get under my skin like only a sister can but for some reason I still love you.

“Have faith in me, I said I’d never let you go, and I never did”- A Day To Remember

I have always admired your loyalty to people, you give and give and give. I don’t know how many times we have gotten in a fight but you still had my back. You are one of those people that keep your word and you give your heart out to people, even those that don’t deserve it. And yes, I will tell you if that guy is a jerk or if he doesn’t deserve you so get over it.

“I know you’ve got mountains to climb but always stay humble and kind”- Tim McGraw

You’ve achieve so much and should be proud, just, don’t let it go to your head. I know that you are a confident individual but the line that separates confident and cocky is one that you seem to tiptoe. Be proud, just not boastful. Let people make their judgments’ on you as an individual rather than showing them your laurels. As mom has been telling you for years, the world does not revolve around you. You know I’m right so please don’t hate me.

“I have my mother’s dreams, I have my father’s eyes, you can’t take that from me, just go ahead and try”- Rise Against

Nothing stops you, no matter how big the set back. You have the eyes of someone that has worked for everything they have gotten. Your dreams are a reality and you will achieve them, no matter what gets in your way. I admire that about you, there is a fight in you that is unlike any other. This fight fuels you in everything you do, sometimes, you just need to give it a spark.

“And you can tell everybody that this is your song”- Elton John

For months you have begged and interrogated me about when I’d write an article about you so, this is your song. I want the best for you because you truly deserve it and it is not a bad thing to wait for the best. Your life is changing so much and you need to be patient and trust the process. As always, I love you and I’m here for you.