A Letter To My Childhood Friends

A Letter To My Childhood Friends

Everyone has a friend during each stage of life, but only lucky ones have the same friends in all stages of life.

7
A Letter To My Childhood Friends

I want to start off by saying thank you. Thank y'all for being friends with me through my awful ugly phase and sticking around. Thank y'all for being the brothers and sisters I never had (and a huge thank you to your siblings and parents). I am forever grateful. Most of y'all I am still very close to and I could not imagine my life without you in it because you have been here literally from the beginning. I can remember countless days in day care when we would do all sorts of crazy things, make up all these make believe stories that we thought would one day come true and little did we know we were making countless memories that we somehow remember. As we continued to grow up, I can remember our parents saying how they knew they were going to be in for it when we were all together, and it always seemed so dramatic to me, but now I see how true it is even to this day. Some of you I didn't see until we got into middle school, but I never forgot about you or the memories we shared. When it came time for us to go to middle school, it seemed like we were entering a totally different world, but I knew as long as I had y'all there that was all I needed to get me through the three years that seemed to take forever. Middle school was the time that all the mean girls started to come out and we started developing crushes on boys. Sometimes we would have a crush on the same one and end up fighting over him. It is just so funny how we used to let little things like that get between us. We soon realized that boys weren't always going to be there, but your friends would always be there even if they tried telling you not to do something. I'm sorry I didn't/don't always take your advice even when I ask for it. I know you always have and will have my best interest at heart, but you should know how stubborn I am sometimes. I know how frustrated I get when you don't really listen to my advice so I know how you feel when I don't listen to yours, so thank you for being patient with me. Y'all are also the reasons I got through high school, y'all kept me sane and kept me laughing. We were so ready to get out and start our lives that we all promised each other we would stay a part of, but little did we know it would all come to an end so fast. High school came and ended so quickly and we were all excited for what our lives had in store, but sad because we were realizing how hard it would be to keep in touch like we wanted. I just wanted y'all to know that where ever the road takes us in this crazy journey called life, I will always be here for every single one of you. It doesn't matter what time it is or what I'm doing If you need me, I'm here. Y'all have been there for me through the good and the bad. I love y'all forever and ever, I will never be able to repay y'all for everything y'all have done for me. Thank y'all for everything,

Bradleigh