An Open Letter To My High School Friend Group

Thank you, I'm sorry, and everything else I never got to say.
25877

High School was a tumultuous time for the majority of us, let's be real. Looking back, I don't know how I ever could have done it without my crazy, wonderful, and beautiful group of friends. When we graduated, we all got so wrapped up in starting our new beginnings we never properly ended our chapter. With that in mind, there are a few things I just want to say.

Thank you.

Thank you for all the laughs, the tears, and everything in between. Thank you for the hilarious lunch table conversations, inside jokes, and group messages. Thank you for the numerous concerts, football games, parties and dances we all went to together. Thank you for the support and advice you all gave me (you were right about most things). Thank you for the crazy nights that left us with stories we will never forget. Every single one of you made my high school experience memorable (and bearable), and for that, I am forever grateful. Essentially, thank you for being my best friends.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for every time I was too caught up with myself and my life to make time for you. I took you for granted, and we started to drift away. I'm sorry if I was ever petty, or talked behind your back. I'm sorry if I wasn't always the friend you needed me to be.

I'm so proud of you and will always support you.

Even if we don't talk anymore, I want the best for you. I am always rooting for you. We are all doing very different things with our lives, and it's so cool to see us on the way to accomplishing things we could only dream about in high school. It's amazing to see how far we've come. I'm so proud of the people you are becoming, even if I don't take the time to tell you.

I will never forget you.

Even if months and years pass us by, even if we never speak again, you have left your mark on the four most challenging years of my life as the girls I have loved the most. You have been my most trusted confidants, my go-to shoulders to cry on, my partners in crime, and my support group. No matter where this crazy life takes me, just know, I will never forget you, and you will always have a friend in me.