A Letter To The Obama Administration

A Letter To The Obama Administration

You made these last eight years, amazingly beautiful.

8
A Letter To The Obama Administration
St. Lawrence University

As the Obama era is ending and President Trump takes over, some time needs to be taken to thank the people who made these last eight years record breakingly beautiful, and there are certain people who made this statement especially true.

To President Obama:

Thank you. Thank you for being such a revolutionary president. Thank you for all the things you have done for this nation. Thank you for loving the American people and making it possible for them to love anyone they want. Thank you for protecting our people. Thank you for giving the families of the nearly 3,000 people that died on 9/11 some peace of mind. Thank you for providing so many people with the healthcare they desperately need. Thank you for working tirelessly to minimize our national debt, for reaching out your hand to those in need as well as diplomats who previously opposed us, and for being a president of the people. Thank you for adding humor to our lives with your dad jokes and pop culture references. You will forever be a favorite.

To Vice President Biden:

Thank you for working tirelessly with President Obama to preserve our civil rights. Thank you for listening to the citizens of Connecticut and their pain regarding the tragic shootings that happened in their state. Thank you for handling every situation you come across with dignity and grace. Thank you for being a people person. Thank you for standing by President Obama through these last eight years. Thank you for inadvertently becoming a favorite of the younger generation by giving us so many reasons to dub you the meme king. You are a treasure Mr. Biden.

To Secretary Clinton:

Thank you for all you have done for this country. Thank you for showing people how to stand up in times of adversity and keep your head held high. Despite all the things people have said about you, you are a true testament to how someone should act. You handled so many situations with grace and dignity even when the odds were against you. Even though you didn't finish with President Obama, you gave the younger generations even more reasons to have faith. You fought so hard against President Trump. You showed the world what "girl power" truly means. You made us believe we can do anything. You handled your loss with grace and showed EVERYONE how to act during this time of protesting and hate. You are a class act.

To First Lady Michelle Obama:

Thank you for being an inspiration. Thank you for taking your role as First Lady and turning it into your own role. Thank you for working tirelessly to preserve the health of our young people as well as the older generations. Thank you for reminding us that reading is a good thing. Thank you for showing us the strength that women can possess--both mentally and physically. Thank you for expanding access to healthy foods and activities for all people. Thank you for doing so much for the families of those serving our country and giving them what they need. Thank you for showing girls they can be whatever they want to be. Thank you for being such an amazing personality and giving people reasons to smile.

To those in the administration not mentioned:

Thank you for working with the President to make this country what it is today. So many great things have happened and they couldn't have happened without you.

Thank you to all of you. Thank you for believing in "yes we can."