A Letter To The Little Girl I Can Always Count On

You're the rays of sun on my cloudy days.

25
Jessica Wright

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

My Dearest Sister,

I will never be able to describe just how important you are to me.

The day you were born was the day I became an immensely happy child. I was only 9 1/2 years old when you were brought into this world, and I loved you instantly. Although I did not get the opportunity to meet you until a few long months later, I knew that I would treasure every minute I would get to spend with you.

You are currently 9 years old and bratty as ever. You are sassy and have an attitude problem. You are stubborn, but you are also softhearted. You are kind, and you push hard to learn. You have dreams so much bigger than yourself, and I hope and pray that you fulfill those dreams. You are the spitting image of me-- not in how your appear but in how you carry yourself, treat others, and make your dreams known.

You always inform me of how much you love me and that I am your best friend. We argue a lot, and you often feel as though I do not care for you. I know that even when we argue and you tell me you hate me, I can count on you for anything. Even when you are being unruly, you still make sure I am okay. Having siblings is hard, and I know that life seems a little tough for you right now, but I promise it gets better. It is not always sunshine and rainbows, but it is better. Whenever you are faced with a day you do not feel like you can make it through, remind yourself that one day only consists of 24 hours. 24 hours and then you are given the chance to begin again once more. It is okay to not be happy all of the time so long as you know you will be picked up each time you fall, whether it be by yourself, me, or someone else who loves you. When you become a sister, you learn to care for a smaller version of yourself. Suddenly, it isn't just yourself anymore, and you have to better your ways because there is someone looking up to you now. Having a sister makes me want to better myself, even if it does take time.

Do not let others discourage you. Do not let others bring you down or ruin your dreams. You have a light burning bright within yourself, and no one will ever be able to rob you of that. I hope your worries remain miniscule and you learn to love yourself. Once you begin to love yourself, you can do anything without your insecurities get in your way. You are limitless, and you are powerful.

You are my best friend, and I love you so much. I am beyond proud of who you are growing to be.

Love,

Your biggest fan.