An Open Letter To My Older Sister

An Open Letter To My Older Sister

Thank you for being my built in best friend.

27
An Open Letter To My Older Sister
sydneymacmann

Dear Sissy,

Whenever I am asked who my biggest role model is, my answer is always you. Even though you are just six years and one day older than I am, you are so wise beyond your years. You always give the best advice, even if it not what I want to hear. Your advice and guidance have truly made such an impact on who I am today and I could not be more thankful. You are so careful and well spoken and truly have a way to talking to me. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Many of my favorite childhood memories are the ones that we have shared. I love how we can get together and look back and laugh about all the crazy things we did growing up. I will forever cherish all the memories that we made and will continue to make. Even though we are in different seasons and places of our lives right now, I know that we will continue to keep making memories that will last a life time. Thank you for making life fun.

Ever since I could walk, I would follow you around and look to you to see what I should be doing. I am so glad that I did that. You have taught me so many things about life, whether it be how to clean (you did a lot of teaching about this), or how to handle difficult situations that I have encountered. You have also taught me the importance of a college education, and I am so thankful I have you to turn to when college gets tough. I am so proud to go to the same college you did. The most important thing you have taught me is to not settle and the importance of finding true happiness. I have watched you bloom into this happy, successful adult (whether you want to admit it or not, you are now officially an adult). Thank you for all the life lessons.

I have said this to you a number of times, but I am so proud of you. Thank you for being the best role model I could ask for. Thank you for setting such a great example and supporting me and all of my crazy en devours. Thank you for being my best friend through everything. I would not be where I am today if it was not for you and your guidance. We are so different, but at the same time we understand each other, and I can not even put into words how thankful I am for that.

Love,

Your Little Sister