A Letter to my Resident Advisor

A Letter to my Resident Advisor

Wishing an incredible birthday to an incredible RA.

106
A Letter to my Resident Advisor
Birthday Facebook Cover

I will never forget my first day of my freshman year. I was nervous, hesitant, excited, but most of all, just feeling really lost.

My first semester of college has been especially difficult. However, you automatically stepped in to be a much-necessary helping hand. Ever since you offered to be there for me and I confided in you, I have not had one second of regret .

You have been there for me since the moment I stepped foot on this campus. You take care of me as a good RA should, but to a deeper extent that I never anticipated. From the lovely messages you’ve left on the whiteboard on my door, to the sweet notes that you’ve left in my room encouraging me to remain positive, you have always put my happiness before your own.

You have been such an incredible role model to me. From the second you told me to keep my head up, your positive words and loving smile encouraged me to do so. So many people look up to you for the positivity that they receive when they speak to you.

You have become someone I can seriously talk to about anything and everything. By my first week of being at school, I was already telling you things that I haven’t told people who I’ve known for years. You give off such a welcoming vibration and I feel so incredibly comfortable confiding in you with any struggle I may face.

You have constantly reminded me to value myself and put myself first. You taught me the importance of doing what is right for me, to love myself, and to care for my passions. From you emphasizing this, I have taken away such an important lesson.

You encourage me to get involved and pursue my passions. Whether it is dinner at Chabad, staying dedicated to a specific workout, or following my instincts in general, you are passionate about watching other people pursue their own passions.

You are dedicated to your interests as well. Whether it is helping individuals with special needs, leading yoga and fitness courses during the week, or even promoting healthy eating and living, you’re truly passionate about what is important to you. When you told me about your very own nonprofit organization, One Special World, I was at a loss of words. I know that so many people look up to you for your goals, aspirations and drive, and I seriously hope to be like you someday.

Most of all, you have become one of my best friends here. I’m so lucky to know you and to continue to get to know you. Even though it is your last year as a Binghamton student, I will take what you have taught me during my next four years here.

On your birthday especially, I hope that you know how thankful I am that I have you as my RA. On top of that, I hope you know that our entire hallway feels just the same. Most importantly, I hope you had an incredible birthday. I’m so happy that I got to be with you the second the clock struck 12:00 am.

Happy belated Dani ❤