A Letter To My Pet

A Letter To My Pet

I miss you.

37
A Letter To My Pet
Katie Lintz

Dear Beloved,

I know this is hard for you to understand-- it can’t be easy to read this. I just up and left without you getting the chance to realize what was really happening and I broke your heart. Days went by without a word from me; how can I begin to apologize? The time came for me to pack my stuff and start a different chapter in my life. There was nothing you did to lead me to leave you behind…trust me. If it were in my power you would be here in this big city with me. You may not want to hear this, but I think our love is worth fighting for. My dear, we spent so much time together these past five years that it would be a mistake to not try and continue our relationship long distance. I miss our long walks in the park, endless movie nights and road trips. Even though you didn’t really say much that often, you were always there for me and were someone I could trust wholeheartedly. Whenever I came home from having a bad day, you would always automatically cheer me up. No one else can do that.

It’s fair to say that for how much I depend on you, you depend on me as well. We need each other in this crazy life, and that’s why I want you to understand just how much I love you. Pictures of us still hang in my apartment--I haven't forgotten about you. My friends see them and always say they want you to come visit. I know for a fact that you would love the people I've met here. (We have an endless supply of peanut butter too...I know that's your favorite). However, I know you can't drive yet, so don't fret over making the trip on your own. Please keep active--don't sleep on the couch all day. Watch what you eat too; cookies and chocolate are good but not good for you. Too many treats will get you.

Hopefully, you can find it in you to forgive me for leaving you. I'll see you soon.

Loving you endlessly,

Your Human.