They say the strongest bond is between a mother and her child. That couldn't be more accurate. Especially in my case where my mom stays with me every step of my difficult journey. For that I can't say thank you enough.

My whole life you've always been right there, watching me as I evolved into the young woman I am today. You gave me the space and time I needed to grow while constantly reassuring me that you were right there to catch me if I fell. And when I fell hard you were right there like you always promised.

The life we're living is clearly not the life we pictured for me, especially at this age, but I mean it whole-heartedly when I say I would not make it through this without your love, support, and acquired nursing skills.

All the times you've stayed in the hospital with me, held my hand through a shot or port access, the sleepless nights you spend taking care of me show what a super-mom you are. The unconditional love you give never goes unnoticed.

We've always been close but this experience has brought us even closer than I could have imagined. I can't wait to return to the fun adventures we have. Between going to Broadway shows, concerts, and vacations, you're my favorite adventure buddy.

I can't wait for all of this to be over so we can return to all our fun times. As much as I appreciate your help bathing, getting dressed, walking, getting medicated...the list could go on forever; I know we both are looking forward to better times.

You are my rock. You always have been and always will be. I hope one day I can be half as amazing of a mom you are. I am the luckiest girl to have you in my life. I have the best days with you. I love you, Mom.