An Open Letter To My Mom
popular

An Open Letter To My Mom

For All Of Your Wonderfulness.

83110
An Open Letter To My Mom

Dear Mom,

Hi. I'm not really sure where to start this letter, because I have so much to say. I think it's always difficult as a child to express a lot of things to their mother, especially if it's just thanking you for being you.

Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you. Thank you for never asking questions while I cried and instead just hugging me. Thanks for the rubbing my back all the times I was sick. Thanks for always making me laugh. Thanks for staying up late just to make sure I got home from work okay. Thanks for being at every volleyball game, voice recital, and school play. Thank you for supporting me in everything I do. Thanks for making the first part of my life one of warmth, love and comfort.

Thank you for always being my mother- an example of strength, compassion, love, faith, honesty, sacrifice and a million other things. Thank you for never being my best friend. I'm thankful that you correct me when I'm wrong, push me to be a better version of myself and challenge me to try harder, to be an upstanding citizen and a woman of strength. I appreciate your willingness to be a mom and not try to be the "hip mom." I know I never said it, but I am thankful for every time you acted as my mother and not my friend, because I know those moments have truly impacted my growth.

The truth is Mom, I could write an entire novel of things to thank you for. You have sacrificed more than I thought humanly possible, for the happiness of your children. You are the true definition of an amazing mother and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

I know raising me wasn't easy (I'm sure you wanted to pull your hair out more often than not). But I want you to know nothing that you did for me went unnoticed. You are one of the people I am most thankful for in my life.

I love your hugs after a long, long day of flying home from school. I love how you attempt to hide from pictures. I love how you always answer my calls, no matter what time of day it is. I love how your intuition is always right, whether it takes a few days or months to reveal to me. I love when you say "text me when you get there" even though I roll my eyes, it shows how much you really do care. I love our late night chats, baking in our pajamas, and watching Harry Potter marathons every single time they're on (as much as I tease you about it).

I'm sorry for all the times we fought- I know now it was just wasted moments. I'm sorry for all the times I pushed you away- because I knew you were trying to help. I'm sorry for all the times I didn't have enough time to talk to you- because I know you've always made time for me.

I want you to know that you are the most important person in my life. You will always be there, you've made that clear. I want to make you proud. I hope I make you proud. You have given me not only life, but a life to be happy living. You raised four beautiful and intelligent children. You are a warrior; my idol of strength and resilience. You have pushed and challenged me to dream big and never let anyone or anything stop me. I would not be half the woman I am today if it weren't for you.

I want you to know that our relationship may change. That doesn't mean in a bad way. There will be new milestones and chapters of my life that I cannot wait to share with you. We will both grow with wisdom and age (and trust me I can't wait to chat over a glass of wine with you). I am excited to see what the future holds for both of us. But as I grow older, I'm becoming more and more aware of the fact that one day, hopefully, I will be a mother too. My only hope is that I can be as amazing as you.

Love always.

From Your Site Articles