An Open Letter To My Mom As I Graduate

An Open Letter To My Mom As I Graduate

I want to thank you for being proud of me through everything that I've done in my life because I wasn't always proud of myself.

7105
An Open Letter To My Mom As I Graduate

Dear Mom,

I just want to start off by thanking you for everything that you have done for me in my 21 years of life. I know that I wasn't always the easiest kid to deal with, especially in my teenage years, but you did an amazing job.

I want to thank you for pushing me to play that second year of softball because that turned into 11 more years of friendships, memories and battle scars. If I had not continued playing softball, I might not have met some of my best friends, and I don't know what I would do without them now.

I want to thank you for the endless nights you stayed up with me, finishing homework and practicing presentations throughout school. Your loving criticism and gentle words were something that pushed me to excel.

I want to thank you for listening to me cry when I went through breakups with boys you knew were no good for me. You really do know who is best for me, and thank you for always trying to steer me in the right direction even when I thought I knew better.

I want to thank you for being proud of me through everything that I've done in my life because I wasn't always proud of myself. You've always told me that I'm my own worst enemy, and you're right. You've always been my biggest fan.

I want to thank you for being so accepting of the flawed person that I am. I'm not perfect by any means, but you were on my side through every fight with my friends. I didn't make straight A's in school, but you always reminded me how smart I was.

Now that I am about to graduate college, I want to thank you for being the most amazing mom anyone in the world could ever ask for. You're so kind, caring and loving. You're always willing to give someone the shirt off of your back even if it means you have nothing.

I want you to always remember that you are loved so incredibly much. I hope that one day I can be at least half the mother and woman that you are.

Love you always,

Alli