A Letter To My Little Sister As I Leave For College

I already miss you

418
My Quotes Club

To My Dearest Little Sister,

Just yesterday, I left my small-town world behind to leave for my junior year of college. Naturally, I was excited to get back to campus to see friends, start new classes, and make my mark on this semester. However, as I’m sitting here at my desk, enveloped in the quiet around me, I’m realizing how much I really miss you.

I knew from the moment you were born that we would become close. From reading to you, to snuggling on the couch watching TV, we built a strong relationship right away. We were the perfect pair, the dynamic duo. I watched you say your first word, take your first steps, and walk through the elementary school doors to your first day of preschool.

Now, our relationship is a little different. I come home from school to find you are starting your middle school years a little taller and a little wiser. You ask me about what to wear, how to style your hair, and what boys you should talk to. I look into your clear blue eyes and see your bundle of nerves mixed in with the same love I have always seen before.

Just know this. You will do great things. As hard as it seems right now, you will eventually figure everything out. I’ll let you know when I do. Middle school is a time of growth and exploration. You meet new people, try new classes, and are definitely challenged with some difficult classes. As awkward as it may be, these are some of the most helpful years of your life. I wish I could be there encouraging you on in person, but know that I am watching from the sidelines here at school still acting as your personal cheerleader.

While it’s extremely difficult to see your experiences secondhand, I know that we are both doing what we must in order to be successful. We are still as close as before, and have altered our relationship as such. Just know that I am always a Skype session, phone call, or text away. Leaving your side was a little harder than before this year, but I will always love you endlessly. You’re going to rock the fifth grade and beyond. And I will always guide you every step of the way if you want me to. I love you.

Love,

Your Biggest Fan and Big Sister