A Letter To My High School Friends

A Letter To My High School Friends

An open letter to my high school friends

10
A Letter To My High School Friends
Paw Claw Graphics

Dear Friends,

I hope you’re all doing okay. I mean I hope you’re better than okay, but I want you all to at least be okay. I miss all of you and only talk to a few of you, which might be a mistake on my part. I hope you know that I think of you often.

I look for you when I’m in class and I wish to share a moment with somebody. I know where each of you would sit in the classroom, because let’s face it we’ve known each other for most of our lives we know a lot about each other. It’s strange not to see all of you there. It’s really strange to not even see one of you in the class with me. I hope you’re all doing well in your classes and I even hope that sometimes you wish to share a moment with me in class and get a little disappointed when you remember I’m not in the room. Because I’ve had that moment, lots of times. So I hope that you’ve all found friends to sit with during classes and during meals and that in the moments you are lonely you have someone to help you feel less lonely.

I hope you find a new friend that will carry band aids in their book bag and chocolate in their pencil case. I hope you have someone that makes sarcastic comments and is willingly to sleep anywhere, but prefers sleeping with their head rested on you. I hope you made a friend that will make you skip through the hallways and parking lots, someone who wants to bring a smile to your face. I hope you meet someone that asks you how you are every day and actually wants to know. I hope you have a friend that will help you whenever you need it.

I hope you all love your majors and are still as excited about your future jobs as you were just a few months ago. To all of my friends that didn’t go the traditional college route but are instead in trade schools, the military and the workforce, I hope you are as happy about your choices as the first day you made them and that you wake up every day and are excited to start your day. My dear high school friends, that’s all I want for all of you, I just want you to be happy and to be excited about the lives you are now leading. Because each of you deserve that.

I hope that one day we will run into each other again, maybe it’ll be someday soon or maybe it’ll be years from now, but I hope I find all of you again. Each of you has been a huge part of my life for so long that this new chapter is extra weird without all of you. But I hope that your new chapter is filled with wonderful new characters that love and cherish you.

Remember how much I love you and how much we all loved each other. We had fights, just like any other friend group, but remember why we all became friends in the first place. Remember all the lessons we learned together and apply them to your life now. Remember to get in touch when you feel lonely and need the comfort of a friend who knows where home is, without having to name the nearest college. Remember that I still think of you and remember to think of me when I come across your mind.

Love,

Me