A Letter To My Dance Moms

A Letter To My Dance Moms

You will never understand the amazing impact you have had on my life.

126
A Letter To My Dance Moms
Kaitlyn Wells

For 14 years, dance was one of the biggest parts of my life. I spent hours on end at the studio, competitions, dress rehearsals and recitals. And during those 14 years, I stayed with a group of friends who I will never forget; but it is not just those girls who had an impact on my life. All of their moms had a large impact on my life, too. So, to all of my dance moms, thank you.

Thank you for being another mother to me. There are not enough words to express how thankful I am for every single one of you. You were another mom to me for almost 14 years; you supported and encouraged me not only in dance but in every other aspect of my life as well. You cheered for me every chance you could and helped build me back up every time I fell. Whether it was a rough performance, rehearsal, or even just a bad day, I knew I could count on you as a listening ear and helping hand. I always knew that, even if my own mom was not able to be with me, I would always have another mom around to put my hair up, spray me with hairspray, or fluff my tutu. Everyone has their "second mom" in life, but I am lucky to have had so many through dance. Your love and encouragement through all of those years is more appreciated than you will ever know. Thank you.

Thank you for bringing your daughter into my life. 14 years of dancing together has built an unending friendship, even when we spend time apart. All of us know that dance is not cheap: classes, costumes, recital fees, competition fees, hotel rooms, and so much more, but you did not discourage us or ask us to quit. You encouraged us to be the best we could be; to work harder, take more classes, and get more experience in a competition setting. You brought us to every rehearsal, competition, and recital and helped us learn and grow together. You took us on vacations so we could just be together without the constant stress of an upcoming dance or quick costume change. Your daughters have had such an amazing impact on my life and have provided me with so many memories. I do not know where I would be today without their amazing friendship. Thank you.

Thank you for helping mold me into the person I am today. Your constant support has shown me what kind of mother I want to be for my own children one day, no matter what activities they decide to participate in. You have also taught me that, in life, we are all going to stumble and fall sometimes, but we have to get back up and continue dancing through. I will be forever thankful for all that you have taught me. It will be impossible to forget the amazing impact you have had on my life. Thank you for being the best "Dance Mommies."