A Letter to My Big as I Get My Little

A Letter to My Big as I Get My Little

A few things I think you should know.

3
A Letter to My Big as I Get My Little
Personal Photo

Hey Big,

It’s Big and Little week. How crazy is that? I have spent the last few weeks painting, crafting, and getting all kinds of gifts for my new little. It has been a lot of work but the gift giving is the easy part. The hard part starts on Thursday when my little finally figures out who I am. That’s when I step into the role as Big for real. I become sort of responsible for this new member. I get to help her through her college journey. I get to push her through her bad days, celebrate with her on her great day, and attempt to show her what it means to belong to our sisterhood. Just thinking about it scares me because I know exactly how much I’ll mean to her because I know how much you mean to me.

I’m a little scared because I know it’s going to change to way I few our sisterhood, but I’m not scared because I know I’ve had one kick butt teacher. Because of you, I know what it means to be a big. You never tried to be my best friend. We have our arguments and we don’t always agree. I have never been afraid to tell you exactly what I think or that you are getting on my nerves, and you have never been afraid to tell me to get my priorities in line. You have also never been afraid to tell me how amazing you think I am or encourage me to reach for my dreams even if I might fall short the first few tries. You have always known when I need a pep talk and you have always had way more faith in me that I think I ever have in myself. You are not my best friend. You are so much more. You are my big sister.

Because of you, I have gotten more out of our sisterhood than I ever could have imagined. I know that I’m at home around my sisters and I never would have felt that way without you showing me how. When I get my little I hope to show her as much love and support as you have shown me. I hope she knows that she can come to me about anything. I hope she knows she can share her fears, her worries, her loves, her struggles, and anything else with me because I will never judge her but only try to push her in the right direction. I hope she knows I only want the best for her no matter how annoying I may seem. I hope that I can help her grow into a strong and confident woman. I hope that I can be almost as good of a big as you have been to me.

Thank you big, for everything.

Love,

Your one and only Little.