A Letter To My Best Friends At Home

A Letter To My Best Friends At Home

Side by side, or miles apart, real friends are always close to the heart.

59
Tumblr

This letter is going to be my attempt at telling you just how much I love and miss you. I don’t know if I can put into words exactly what I want to say, but I’m going to give it my best shot because you deserve at least that.

My Dear Friends,

First off, I want to thank you. The list of things I want to thank you for is a mile long and I could never name everything. There are a few though I would like to point out. I want to thank you for being my rock after my dad died. You have been there with me through some of my darkest times. You were there when depression and anxiety took over my life, but you never once judged me. You were there when my mom lost her job, not once but twice. You were there when I left for school with absolutely no idea how I was going to pay for it. You have been there with your supportive texts and embarrassing Snapchat selfies to make sure we didn’t grow apart. Thank you for that. You have always believed in me and supported me in every way possible. You are the reason I’ve accomplished so much and the reason why I have never given up. Thank you for being so strong. You may not know this, but I look up to you. I’m so thankful that you have let me be a part of your life. I’ve loved every minute of watching you grow and chase your dreams. You inspire me. I’m so thankful that you, are you.

I also want you to know how much I miss you. I miss our late nights at the barn and the uncontrollable laughter we would break into over absolutely nothing. I miss the home cooked meals we used to share together. They were so good and so much better than college food. Leaving you behind when I left for school has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I may not have shown it on the outside, but I was extremely nervous about leaving. You had become such a big part of my everyday life. The thought of you no longer being a short drive away was something I didn’t like to think about. Texts, Snapchats, and weekly FaceTime sessions just aren’t the same. The weekends I get to come back and spend with you are something I look forward to all the time. I don’t know how else to tell you how much I miss you. I just hope you know that I do.

This part may seem a little weird, but I want you to hear this. I want to apologize if I have ever made you feel like I’ve replaced you with my new life at school. If I have ever made you feel that way please know that was never my intention. I struggle with balancing the life I left behind at home and the life I’m living here at school, but I always want you to be a part of my life. No matter where I am, please know I will never forget about you. You mean way too much for me to ever forget about you.

Lastly, I love you so freaking much. The friendship I have found within you is something I rely on to get me through each and every day. I love knowing that I have you to lean on no matter what. I know I don’t tell you enough how much you mean to me.

Promise me that you won’t forget about our laughs, our jokes, our smiles, our conversations, our plans, our tears, our memories, our experiences or our friendship.

I promise to never forget about you.

I’ll see you soon.

Love, Sierra