Letter To My Best Friend Abroad

Letter To My Best Friend Abroad

I've missed you more than you can imagine.

303
Gabrielle Sisino

To My Worldly Traveler,

I just want to start out by saying this is exactly as hard as I expected it to be when I said goodbye to you in August, if not worse. Thank God for Facetime, even though time zones usually get in the way of those too. But I truly enjoy getting to talk to you after your nights out when my nights haven't even begun. Thanks for always staying up way later than you should just to talk to me while I got ready.

I love hearing all your stories as you country-hop across Europe and have the most amazing experiences. I think I'm finally starting to figure out faces and names of all your new friends and hopefully, I'll get to meet them one day. If we're being honest, I'm a little jealous that they got to spend the last three months with you while I rot away here in America.

I know you're having the most amazing time, probably the best time of your life, but I can't help being sad that I'm not a part of it. I remember planning our European conquest together, and even though my plans fell apart I'm so so happy you actually followed through. I honestly admire you so much for being brave enough to go to a foreign country on your own and not even skip a beat.

When you return a cultured wine snob with exquisite taste in paninis and gelato, you have to promise to still at least pretend to like subpar American food with me. Even though we talk constantly I can't wait to hear more about the last few months and all the parts you left out over Facetime. We have a lot of time to make up for so I hope you're ready to spend way too many hours a day with me for the next few weeks.

Even though you don't want to leave, I can't wait to have you back with me. Not having you home for Thanksgiving was weird and not seeing you at all for three months has been even weirder. I've missed you more than you can imagine, hopefully, through all the fun you've been having you missed me a little too.

Love you to Florence and back, see you in a few days!

PS. I forgive you for not sending me pictures of pasta.