A letter To Mom And Dad As I Leave For College Again

Thank you so very much.

5

Leaving for college never gets any easier. Yes, i'm ready to go back to school and be on my own, but it means leaving family that I am always with, and thats a big change. Most importantly, it means leaving my parents. My parents have always done so much for me, and when i'm at college that changes. I am on my own, but luckily I still have their guidance. There is so much I could say to my parents as I leave for college again, so here it goes:

Thank you for helping me get my stuff together.

I had to move.. again, which means heavy lifting, and moving multiple things up and down stairs. Thank you for helping me, it means more than you actually know.

Thank you for being so hopeful in my studies.

I will try and get straight A'sAlthough that is totally unrealistic, I will try my best. College is hard though, ya know?

Thank you for instilling good judgement in me.

I have you to thank for all the good choices I make, although it may not be all the time, most of the time, I make good choices.

Thank you for always being so proud of me.

I always want to make you proud, and my college years are no different. I hope all my studying and hard work is going to make you proud. It would kill me if you were to be disappointed in me.

Thank you for taking the time to make sure I have what I need.

Toilet paper, food, enough to get me by. You have no idea how happy it makes me ( and my roommates) to have a stocked fridge.

Thank you for spoiling me when I come home to visit.

From doing my laundry, to making me some good homemade meals, to taking me shopping when i'm back, I adore that and need to thank you for all that you do when I come back home.

Thank you for the endless phone calls.

I am stressed, this I cannot help, but you letting me call you t odd hours, letting me cry it out on the phone is super helpful. I will never take this for granted.

Thank you for helping me learn lessons on my own.

You never say, I told you so, or look down on me when my judgement wasn't always right. You help me learn my own lessons and guide me through tough times.

Most importantly, thank you for letting me receive a college education.

This is something I have you to thank for. Not only did you help me find the right fit of a college, but you helped me with the chance to attend. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.

Thank you Mom and Dad, for helping me get to college, spoiling me through college, and helping me start my life on my own. I will forever be thankful for the help and guidance you have given me.