Letter To Depressed Teens

Letter To Depressed Teens

14
Letter To Depressed Teens

I know that, right now, it hurts. It feels like everyone's against you. It feels like you’re alone. But they’re not, and you’re not.

I know sometimes you just want it to end, but now is not your time.

I know sometimes it hurts so much you go numb, and I know sometimes it feels like the only way to take away the numbness is to feel pain. But one day, the numbness will fade, without the blade.

I know that sometimes you look down at yourself and you hate it. But you won’t always feel like this. One day, you’ll love what you see.

I know that sometimes you wonder what’s wrong with you, but it’s OK to feel sad. You’ll be better soon.

I know you think your parents are assholes, but they’re doing everything for you and one day, you’ll be so obsessed with them you won’t understand how you ever said, “I hate you.”

I know that some days, you just want to lock yourself away from the world and feel sorry for yourself, but you won’t feel like this forever. One day, you’ll never want to go back to your room, because the days are just so good.

I know you think you’re dumb, and you think your future looks bleak, but you’re actually a remarkably bright girl or guy -- you’ll find the place that’s right for you.

And I know it’s hard to believe, but one day, you’ll be happy. The kind of happy that makes you excited to wake up in the morning, excited to eat breakfast, go to class, see your friends, do your homework, hang out.

One day, you will love yourself again.