A Letter To My 5 Year Old Self

A Letter To My 5 Year Old Self

Stay forever young.

78
A Letter To My 5 Year Old Self
Kidcessory Haven

Hello dear,

It's me. Just future me. There is so much I want to tell you, but I can't wait for you to find it out on your own as well.

Life is going to get hard, but that is okay. You stay in that bubble that you are in right now. Never stop believing in magic and miracles. Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something, because they will.

Throughout your life, people are going to want to bring you down. They will lie to you and hurt you. They will try to make you feel less than you are, but stay strong. Stay independent. Stay happy, at least as much as you can.

You are going to have hard days. You are going to have days where you don't want to get out of bed. That is okay. On those days; just stay in bed. Watch some Netflix, read a book, take a nap, its okay to have bad days. Just don't make them your life.

Lets talk about your parents for a moment. They are going to hurt you and they will disappoint you. Not going to lie, its going to suck. The two people who you came into this world trusting more than anything are going to let you down. This is going to teach you to forgive. You have no choice but to give your parents for everything, because you love them. Even when they hurt you.

In not too long you are going to have a little sister. I know you have mixed feelings about this, but she's going to belong to you. Take care of her. Look out for her. Show her that you love her, even when you don't like her. Just let her play with you and your friends, she will get bored shortly anyways. One day, it is going to be the two of you against the world, and you are going to want her support for that. Just remember, you do love her. Even when she throws her shoes at you.

Lets move up about 10 years when boys start to actually matter. Whatever you do, don't trust that boy on the football team, trust me. Actually, don't trust most boys. You will, however, one day, find a boy who loves you and treats you like a princess. That is the boy who you want in your life forever. It is okay to be scared when you do find him. Commitment and trust are hard things, especially with a boy; but one day you will realize this is what you've been waiting for. I hope you do find that kind of love.

Now your future. This is going to be tricky because I am still figuring it out. All i can say is, don't stress. Live a free life where you want to travel and be yourself. Don't let boys or family or friends distract you from what is important. Especially don't let society tell you who you need to be. Just be you. Be your little happy, bubbly self.

I hope that you remember what you felt at five years old. That joy and love that you feel. Don't ever lose your hope and imagination. Don't ever grow up.