A Letter To The End Of The Semester

A Letter To The End Of The Semester

Sincerely, your only slightly disgruntled student

1044
A Letter To The End Of The Semester
Shannon Smirnow

Dear End of the Semester,

Yes, I am talking to you! The semester that has thrown me for a loop and that is finally coming to an end. I just wanted to say that I hope you enjoyed your fun because there were definitely days that I didn’t enjoy it as much as you did. Like remember the day that you decided to have three different papers due and for once I had them all done a week early, but you and my computer decided that the day before was a good idea to get into an argument? You know how the computer gets, yet you still did it anyways. And of course he shut down, and it took me and many skilled technicians to coax him out of his hibernation. I don’t know if I can necessarily forgive you for that one, but I guess the semester wasn’t all that bad. Yes, I agree it wasn’t all that bad. Don’t try and make fun of me for it, because it’s just going to get next semester in trouble.

I will admit that you haven’t been as terrible as I tended to make you out to be during times of stress. During those times, I forgot that there is only so much the both of us could do during a five-month time period. So, I apologize to you too, semester, for not taking opportunities that I should have because I let the stress overrun everything. Let’s not dwell on those things and remember the amazing things that happened. Let’s remember the amazing trips that we took and the accomplishments that we made in preparation for all the travel and goal crushing to come over the semester. There was so much that we did this time around that would have or could have never been done before without these last couple of months and the people that we hold dear. I just hope that we can carry this enthusiasm from now until the end of finals and through to the summer.

Speaking of the dreaded Mr. Finals—is there anything you can do in order to get him to take a chill pill throughout the next two weeks? Because if not, we’re all going to have problems and we’ve had such a great end that I really don’t want to cause problems now. With that said, let me just say that even after finals are over, I will look at you, Semester, and know that you tried your best and that I tried my best, no matter what. I thought, though, that this letter to you would be helpful so that the next time that we see each other we can just start off with all the amazing stuff and skip some of those questionable moments. So, until next time Semester, I love you, but I am so ready for Summer to come around.

Sincerely,

Your only slightly disgruntled student