A Letter To The Thanksgiving Cook

A Letter To The Thanksgiving Cook

My sweet grandma

9
A Letter To The Thanksgiving Cook
Lacy Frost

I have always been very family oriented.

On my mom's side of the family, my brother and I are the only grandchildren. Being the only grandkids has huge perks, I would say. During the Thanksgiving season, I am beyond thankful for all the many blessings God has given me.

Lately, I have been thinking about my beautiful Grandma.

I call her MAMA.

Dear Mama,

Thank you for all that you do for my family. You are such a strong woman of God, and not a day goes by that I don't think about you. I think about all the memories that we have together! At college, I catch myself becoming more like you everyday.

Over the past five years, we have been through a huge journey. Cancer struck our family and we fought it so hard! Your husband, my papa, is in heaven now and we sure do miss him. We rest in the peace that he is in heaven and his body is out of pain. Seeing you go through that journey was of the hardest things I have ever been through.

When I turned 16, you gave me your car. I will admit, I was heartbroken that papa did not get to pick out my car like he did for my brother, but I knew papa had something in mind. You giving me your car was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I cherish my car because I know that papa gave it to me. Thank you.

I believe that Papa would be so proud of us!

Your faith is so strong. I challenged myself when I see how strong your relationship with the Lord is. You have such a generous heart that cares for others.

I hope to be half the women you are when I am your age.

So now it is Thanksgiving. Another holiday season of food comas and memories. I am home from college for a while, and I can't wait to spend time with you.

You are the true definition of a beautiful southern lady. I hope that I make you proud.

I am proud to be your granddaughter.