Dear Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad

Thanks for letting me over-stress and be my grumpy self, even when there is nothing to stress or be grumpy about

168
Dear Mom and Dad
VideoBlocks

Dear Mom and Dad,

As you know very well by now, I'm not the sappiest person on the planet. In fact, just the other day we were having a conversation about how very...well, grumpy I can be. I don't mean to seem angry or unhappy, I'm just not good at expressing my feelings in the same way that others are. I want to take a moment though, and truly express to you how thankful I am for all that you do.

A few weeks ago, you moved me into college for the second time. You guys were moving all over the place, trying to put things away and set things up. It was cramped with all of us in there and you guys kept asking me a hundred questions; I was getting stressed, I admit. I'm sorry I made you leave so quickly, but after you were gone I finally had a chance to look around my room. Mom, you made my bed and I want to say, thank you so much. There was just something so nice about knowing that, even though I still had a lot of stuff to put away, I could always rest in my bed.

Thank you for everything you guys did leading up to this moment. Dad, you fixing my car for me was stressful and I'm so thankful that you did it. You stepped up to help me when I really needed it and that means so much. I had a lot of fun staying up with you until 1 AM with you while you worked to fix it and I'm sorry I couldn't stay up longer.

There are so many little things I want to thank you for too. Thanks for letting me be late on my rent sometimes. Thanks for letting me go hide in my bedroom and watch Netflix after a long day of work, even when you wanted to talk to me. Thanks for letting me over stress and be my grumpy self, even when there was nothing to stress or be grumpy about. Thanks for being my best friends, and my number one fans, and the first people to tell me when I've said something dumb (and then torture me relentlessly about it). Thanks for never taking me too seriously, except for when I want to be taken seriously. Thank you for making me who I am today: stubborn, hard-working, dedicated, and someone who just wants to be a great daughter.