A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend's Family

A girl dreams of finding an amazing guy. It's when he comes from an equally amazing family, that you know you've really hit the lotto.

37969
Tia Turner

I will never forget the first time I met my boyfriend's family. It was only about a month after we had started dating our freshman year of college and we were visiting for Spring Break. I will also never forget the mini panic attack I had pulling into his parent's driveway that night for the first time. Looking back now, I can't help but to laugh because I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Little did I know that on that night, I was walking into a family that would show me such an incredible amount of unconditional love over the next three years.

While I often thank my boyfriend for all the amazing thing he has done for me, I think it's just as important to take the time to thank the wonderful family that he comes from.

To my boyfriend's mother: Thank you for being a second mother to me. Thanks for the encouraging text messages you send me. Thank you for the yummy Easter baskets you give us and remembering small details about the things I like. Thank you for all the delicious home cooked meals you make us (after months of being away at school living off of pasta). Thank you for raising such a caring son. Thanks for your compassionate nature, especially when I was going through difficult times. Last but certainly not least, thank you for the endless amount of girl talk I always look forward to having with you whenever I am at your house.

To my boyfriend's father: Thank you for raising a son who always tries to do the right thing and always tries to do his best. Thank you for being a great example for him and teaching him the importance of hard work and how to be a gentleman. Thank you for basically being an expert on all of the questions we have about being an adult. Thank you for all those hilarious and adorable childhood stories, I love to hear about your son. Thank you for the awesome burgers, steaks, and hot dogs you've made me on the grill. P.S. Thank you for always making us laugh.

To my boyfriend's siblings: First, I want to thank you for accepting me into your family ever since the day you first met me. Thank you for always making me feel included. Thank you for never resenting me for the amount of time your brother spends with me. Most importantly, thank you for bringing out the fun and silly side of your brother that I don't normally get to see.

To all of you: Thank you for opening up your home to me and always making me feel welcome from the moment I first walked through the door. Thank you for making me feel like a part of your family, especially for including me on special occasions or bringing me along on family vacations. I have had some of the happiest moments of my life on those family trips. Thank you for always being so down-to-Earth and non-judgmental from the very beginning. Most importantly, thank you for always being supportive of the decisions we make. I am so grateful that you have accepted me into your family with such open arms. I cannot thank you all enough.