Let's Overcome Together, Okay?

Let's Overcome Together, Okay?

A friend once told me, the devil's favorite activity is to build walls in places where God is tearing them apart with His bare hands.

46
Let's Overcome Together, Okay?
Wikimedia

We all have something we're going through. We all have that one thing that hangs out in the back of our minds, in turn affecting our everyday lives. It could be anxiety, shyness, fear of judgement, depression, it could be anything, really. It could be something small, like a physical insecurity, for example. It could be something even smaller than that, relating to our self awareness... "I appear too naive if I act like that."

What we don't often realize, is that these thoughts affect our everyday lives more than we know. There are countless inhibitors that keep us from overcoming our insecurities, the things that control us. We are too scared to tell others what we're going through, we are simply unable to castaway the fear of judgement.

But why is it exactly that we are too scared? Why do we build walls when really what we want to do is tear them down? Why does God place the perfect people in our lives to break barriers with and have deep conversations... but what we decide to do is shut them out??? These are questions I plan on asking God when I get to Heaven, but unfortunately only the devil holds the answers. A friend once told me, the devil's favorite activity is to build walls in places where God is tearing them apart with His bare hands.

What is it that we can do to bring ourselves to where we want to be, on the other side of the wall, across the bridge? The Bible tells us to let God in.

He will rock your world, if you let Him.

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength." 1 Corinthians 1:25

Scripture reminds us that even if we have doubts about God's wisdom, He is wiser than we can simply understand. God created humanity in His image, and He knows we can't fight all life's battles on our own.

We are not our own army, rather, He is the one who carries our sword.

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21