Let's Live For the Weekdays

Let's Live For the Weekdays

Embracing the everyday grind and making the most of it.

163
Let's Live For the Weekdays
nataliebina

I am sure we all have heard people say “I live for the weekend.” Or, on a weekday morning, running on four hours of sleep with coffee in our hand, running late to school or our job, it’s very likely we have muttered the words, “I cannot wait for the weekend.” But what if we started living for the weekdays as well? What if we learned to embrace the grind of our everyday lives and instead of just looking forward to the weekend, we looked forward to each day?

1. It's a mindset change.

Maybe it’s a busy day and you cannot wait to get home and lay down because you just cannot handle the stresses of today. Instead of negatively thinking about everything you have to get done and anxiously thinking about all the places you have to go, be thankful that you have the ability to be busy. Be thankful that you have opportunities in front of you and talents to get you to where you are today. Our thoughts usually control how our day is going to play out. Be kind to yourself, and think positively. Try to find the good in every situation and circumstance you come across during the week.

2. Find happiness in the little things of the week.

You are busy, tired, and stressed, but there is always a way to find happiness. My motto in life is “Every day is a new day to smile” and yes, there is a lot to smile about throughout the day, even if it is something little. Find happiness from a simple smile from a stranger, your favorite song playing on the radio, or the beautiful weather outside. If you take time to recognize and appreciate these little things throughout your day, they provide a burst of happiness and thankfulness throughout your day and week.

3. There’s always something to look forward to. Reward yourself.

It’s easy to look forward to the weekend and the activities that come with the weekend. Some of my favorites are spent at Iowa Football games, spending time with friends and family, going to watch dance competitions, or even just being able to sleep in and relax for a day. These activities are rewards that I look forward to that get me through the week. Instead of just looking forward to the rewards of the weekend, though, it is important to reward yourself throughout the week as well. Whether that be rewarding yourself with a bowl of ice cream, a movie night, or a little dance break from homework with friends. These fun, simple rewards help make the week more exciting and help you live more and stress less.

Life is too short to stress and hate everything about the weekdays. It’s time to make a change and embrace the daily grind and highs and lows throughout the week. It’s time to not just try to get through the week but actually live every moment, even the dull ones, to the fullest. Besides, it’s your life, don’t you want to enjoy every minute of it? From this moment forward, I am deciding to live for the weekdays. I am deciding to live for all 7 days of the week, not just the weekends.

What will you choose?