Let's Have A Tea Party: The Right Tea For The Right Time

6 teas and what you should drink them for.

935
Musa

I go through phases when it comes to drinking tea. Some weeks I have at least a cup a day, other weeks I don't even touch the stuff. Having been sick recently, I've turned to tea for some assistance, and that was a smart move!

Tea has many health benefits– some of which being that it has less caffeine than coffee, has excellent effects on your heart, does not erode your teeth like coffee or soda does, and green tea helps to soothe your digestive system.

I have found that drinking coffee (or any form of coffee, including my beloved Chestnut Praline Latte from Starbucks), especially later in the day, makes me anxious and jittery. This is not at all the case with teas, though. Another advantage to tea is that it isn’t coffee. I actually can’t stand the taste of coffee, which is why I mask it with chestnuts and praline, but tea typically has a natural sweet flavor to it, without the bitterness of coffee beans.

But I want to encourage you to drink the right kind of tea for the occasion. So let’s have a tea party.

1. Chamomile Tea

Chamomile tea is great for relieving anxiety and inducing relaxation. But that’s not all. Chamomile tea is also useful for stomach cramps, migraines, IBS, dark circles under your eyes, and acne prevention. Who would have thought?!

2. Green Tea

Green tea is fantastic to drink in the morning because it evidently boosts your metabolism.

3. Ginger Tea

It is fairly well known that ginger aids in nausea, but it also aids in relieving stress and reducing arthritic inflammation.

4. Peppermint Tea

Peppermint oil or tea is fantastic for headaches that are caused by a poor diet or stress. During these types of head aches, the blood vessels in the brain are constricted, causing the headache. Peppermint works similarly to pain killers in relaxing the blood vessels. Peppermint also has been shown to improve brain function and memory retrieval.

The menthol in peppermint teas also thins mucous and is a decongestant. It is highly recommended during a cold or sinus infection to not only drink peppermint tea, but to breathe in the steam as well.

5. Black Tea

Black tea helps with issues like diarrhea to conditions like asthma. And of course, it gives the perfect caffeine boost.

6. Oolong Tea

Oolong tea helps support your bones and your skin, and it also contains many vitamins and minerals. Evidently, Oolong tea has a hand in managing your metabolism and can help hydrate your skin, especially for people who suffer from eczema.