Let Me Tell You Something About My Best Friend

Keep your best friends super tight, especially in times of need!
522

Hello everyone! I hope you all are getting back into the swing of things and staying away from the flu bug that is going around. Unfortunately, that bug found me and bit me with full force! I've been sick with the flu for four days now and it hasn't been fun at all. Luckily, I have my best friend who attends Texas Tech University with me and she is always there when I need her. Micaiah, if you are reading this I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking care of me this past week. This one is for you, girl!

Saturday morning, I woke up with a fever of 103 and I knew right then and there that it wasn't just a cold. Usually, when I am sick, I would walk one room over to find my Mom lying in bed and expect her to take care of me... but I am an adult now.

I now live five and a half hours away from my family and this whole college experience is teaching me how to take care of myself without my parents wrapped around my finger. Realizing how terrible I felt, my first instinct was to see a doctor immediately.

I called the first person that came to mind which is my best friend, Micaiah Bradford. I asked her if she could take me to the doctor and she did what any best friend would do: she went above and beyond. Before I knew it, we were grabbing Tamiflu, soup, water, and everything else that is needed to treat the flu from the pharmacy, and then we headed back to her apartment.

Micaiah is a year ahead of me so she doesn't have to live on campus like I currently do. As soon as we stepped foot in her place, she set up a sleeping area of my own on her couch downstairs. She is such a great friend of mine because she respected the fact that I did not want to get anyone else in the dorms sick, especially my roommate. Micaiah was kind enough to sacrifice her own chance of catching the flu just to support and take care of me. Now I don't know about you, but I can only count on one hand of the people that might actually do all of the things she has done for me this past week.

There are not many people like Micaiah and I thank God as often as I can for a friend like her. It has certainly been a rough weekend for the both of us and I am happy that she is able to be by my side as I am experiencing what it is like to have the flu for the first time. I am slowly recovering from this bug and I want to thank you, Micaiah, for being an absolute angel to me. I could not ask for a better friend!

Thank you for reading this week, I hope this encourages you to hold your close ones tight and thank them for all they do for you. Have a great week and keep those hands squeaky clean!