Life Happens Without Google Maps, And We Need To Let It Lead Us On Different Roads

Give the world the attention you think you need.

91
Kerry Sheehan-Delany

One thing I know to be true is that you never know anything for sure. What if? What would happen if you didn’t walk down that road, take that class, or meet that one person? Everything does happen for a reason, and it all does work out.

I used to be hyper-aware of my surroundings. Now I can also be incredibly oblivious. It is hard not to be when so much is constantly going on. In a Modernist world, one moment a bus is flying by your face as you try to cross a street while sirens are going off on another street close by. People are dancing in streets. People are sprinting and sweating. We notice, but have no idea who they are, what they are doing, and why. Instead of not being bothered, wouldn’t it be nice to know? Have some further understanding of the world we surround ourselves with?

Do not rush.

Stop running— just like that person that's late for work. I promise it isn't the end of the world.

Moments make up memories which found who we are and what we know of. They matter. Instead of following Google Maps, wander. Find a new route. Familiarize yourself with the unknown. Once you do, you know, and that is understanding one more part of the world.

Life happens and we need to let it. People make mistakes, people need help, and even your subconscious support can go a long way. Too often people shut themselves out and think ignoring what is happening makes them less responsible. Ignorance is not bliss, and rather than being upset, or feeling the need to have to ignore what is going on, just let it happen.

The next time you are walking to class or making your way to meet your friends, take a look around.

Accept it. Absorb it. We live in a beautiful and full world. We should take note of it. We should look around. Look in front. Look behind. Look side to side. There are so many perspectives, angles, and differences between them all.

Let them help you in any way that they can in whatever you are doing today, tomorrow, next week, or next year. How? Just think. Think about the what ifs. Figure out why that bothers you or how it relates to you, and instead of feeling the weight of the world, allow it to be your gravity because it will show you the sun, the moon, and the stars.