The Lesson To Learn From the Netflix movie "Someone Great"

The Main Lesson To Learn From the Netflix movie "Someone Great"

Spoilers ahead.

458

One day I was on Netflix trying to figure out what to watch on Netflix and there was a little preview on the home screen for the movie "Someone Great".

What caught my attention was the preview scene of actress Gina Rodriguez singing along to Lizzo's hit song "Truth Hurts" (which is definitely one of my favorite songs).

I watched this film and although I could not relate to the film since I have not ever been in a serious relationship, I felt for Jenny (Gina Rodriguez) that I genuinely cried watching this film.

I've gone through my series of heart breaks and few break-ups but have never experienced what she had gone through.

Jenny and her boyfriend of NINE years broke up after she landed her dream job that required her to move to the other side of the country and it caused them to start having their fallout. She is deeply hurt by their breakup since she always thought that they were soulmates for life but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Her two best friends came to the rescue to make sure she can heal from it as it was her last few days living in New York City before moving to San Francisco. They stopped what they were doing to make sure they were there for her to be her shoulders to cry on but also let her have fun to try to forget about her now ex-boyfriend.

The movie depicts the beginning, the growth, and what led to the downfall of their relationship. After shedding some tears, the main lesson I got from this film is that if you love something/someone, let it go; if it comes back, it's shows you that it was meant to be, if it doesn't, it was a life lesson to grow from. It is a hard pill to swallow but it holds a lot of truth.

Jenny wanted to try to get him back while her friends were trying to help her move on from the life she lived in NYC with him and to try to focus on the new life she was about to embark on in San Francisco. She wanted to try to keep that comfort she felt with him and wanted to try to make things work with him once more but that was hurting her even more.

She truly loved him and vice versa but sometimes good things come to an end and all we can do is grow from them.

At the end of the film, she wanted to try once more to get back together but came to realize this life lesson. She had to let him go even though she still loved him. Although it is not known if they ended up back together or not after her move to San Fran, one can infer that she grew from this experience.

Heartbreak sucks but honestly it can be worth the lessons.