Bachelorette Contestant Leo Dottavio Denies Sexual Harassment

Bachelorette Contestant Leo Dottavio Denies Sexual Harassment Claims That have Been Made Against Him

Leo is speaking out against sexual harassment claims

325
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk0uYo1A-kW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Former Bachelor Contestant Bekah Martinez has recently accused Leo Dottavio of having a history of sexually harassing women. Martinez was approached by multiple women online who claimed to have been in a number of situations with Dottavio where he either sexually harassed them or made sexual advances toward them when they were not wanted.

These claims caused Martinez to post the statements anonymously on her Instagram story, which you can still view since she put them on her Highlights. The allegations included one woman who said Dottavio sent her multiple unsolicited photos, while another claimed her friend was pursued by him while she made clear she was in a relationship.

https://www.instagram.com/whats_ur_sign/

After the screenshots were posted by Martinez, she said Dottavio's lawyers reached out to her and asked her to remove the posts or she would be sued, however, she does not plan on deleting them. She made a statement to The New York Post saying, "I started posting the screenshots [of their messages] because, to me, it's not a coincidence that multiple women would be saying similar things about the same person." She also said Dottavio reached out to her personally about the situation.

Leo Dottavio has denied all claims stating, "I want to start by saying no one has ever accused me of sexual harassment. No one has ever come to me in any way and told me I made them feel uncomfortable. However, I am not a perfect person nor have I ever claimed to be," to The Hollywood Reporter. He also said, "Did I do things in college that I would be embarrassed about now? Absolutely. Was I a part of my culture, the times, movies? Yes. I have grown as a person since college. I am not the man I was two years ago, let alone 14 years ago. It's important for women to speak out if they felt uncomfortable or harassed."

ABC has not spoken out about the situation and denied to comment when asked by news organizations such as the Post.