It is once again that time of the year. It is the NBA finals. Guess what? It's the fourth time the finals include the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors. But along with that, it is LeBron James' eighth NBA finals appearance. The last time he was not in the finals was 2010. It can be crazy to know that one of the greatest players of all time has appeared in the finals eight straight times. But what has happened the last time James missed the finals?
1. The devastating earthquake in Haiti
A 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit the country.
2. The BP oil spill
3. Ohio State beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl
The score was 26-17.
4. Matt Smith began his run as the Doctor in "Doctor Who"
He is the eleventh incarnation of the character.
5. San Fransisco Giants won the World Series
They beat the Texas Rangers four games to one.
6. Duke won March Madness
7. The Winter Olympics in Vancouver
8. Obamacare was passed
Also known as the Affordable Care Act.
9. To add on, Obama was still in his first term
10. The New Orleans Saints won Super Bowl XLIV
They beat the Indianapolis Colts 31-17.
11. The 2010 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers versus Boston Celtics
The Lakers would beat the Celtics in a seven game finals 4-3.
And that was what happened the last time LeBron James missed the NBA Finals.