Leaves Become Most Beautiful When They're About To Fall

On moving on.

1409
Imp Fashion

We all have something we are holding onto in our lives, whether it be an old friendship, a worn pair of shoes, or photographs of people that are no longer in our lives. Some of these things are good to keep - why throw away a good pair of shoes if they still get the job done? However, you may never know how comfortable new shoes may be until you try them on.

I'm going to be quite blunt here - you deserve more than old shoes. You deserve the comfiest, best pair of shoes in the world.

Don't get me wrong, you may still be able to keep your old pair of shoes in the back of your closet as a fond memory, but sometimes they just have too many holes in them. They may have been able to take care of you and protect you and give you support earlier in your life, but now you need a different type of support. Their love may have burnt out, or simply isn't for you anymore.

That is okay. Your feelings and your personal needs are worth more to yourself than the shoes. They have to be, otherwise you spend your whole life trying to find excuses to wear the shoes again, even though sometimes you may be embarrassed by their rips and tears and wonder what other people will think of you when you're seen in these old shoes again. Not that anyone's opinion should dictate your life, but those who are concerned and worried about you know you best and may help you find that new pair of shoes.

Leaves become most beautiful when they're about to fall. In other words, holding on to something is very tempting. When leaves turn beautiful, vibrant colors, it's an illusion. They fall because they're dead, no matter how pretty they are.

I believe this is true in life as well. Suddenly, your shoes may have this sparkle you never saw before. Be careful not to mix it with a deception of the truth. If the sparkle was really there, you would have seen it in the first place. The beautiful part about Fall is that the leaves die, but the tree goes on living. The tree may look a little bare at first, but it's branches are strong enough to survive the harsh winter and lush, new leaves grow each spring. You have the strength to carry on, with or without your baggage. Maybe it is time to let your load lighten a bit.

Most importantly, you learn a lot about yourself by what you choose to carry with you and who you keep in your life. Perhaps that is the most important part in defining who you are. Leaves may be the most beautiful when they're about to fall, but it's always darkest before the dawn. Your dawn will come.