Leave the Past Behind

Leave the Past Behind

Continue on with Life

34
Leave the Past Behind

The past is called the past for a reason. It is a part of life's journey that has come to an end. Don't look back on the past, but learn from it. Don't harp on the past, but think positively of what is to come. Things happen everyday in life that enable us to grow and learn as people, and the past is a crucial part of our journies.

I feel that most people put a negative connotation on the past; however, the past can actually be beneficial to one's life. There are certain events that take place, situations that occur or even people we meet in our life that will not be there forever. The important thing to remember is that everything happens for a reason, and even if that reason is unclear now it will be evident in the future.

Life is full of lessons; therefore, every event in our life is useful in some way. It is sad when certain things come to an end, but usually with every ending there is a new beginning and with each new beginning there is a new lesson to be learned in order to help better and develop us as people.

I can speak for myself when I say that forging ahead from the past is extremely rewarding. The lessons that are to be learned are extremely rewarding and they range from: maturing, finding strength, or even happiness. All of these lessons are beneficial to a person. It takes time to realize these lessons and they don't happen over night, but once they are realized the opportunities are endless.

Dont't ever be discouraged or feel that you are not capable of moving on from the past. Everyone has strength inside them and they can only get stronger based on things they learn. It is okay to reminisce on the past because it is something that occurred in your life; however, don't try to revert back to it. Leave it alone, and continue living your life in the present. Take advantage of all the lessons and potential opportunities. There is so much to live for in the present that life is too short to spend in the past. Keep moving forward!