First Steps Towards Healing

First Steps Towards Healing

The first babysteps to getting up

497
First Steps Towards Healing
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/28/636578710273648409-1093376139_tumblr_o2nnr4X29L1ukw8ejo1_1280.jpg

Going through a break up is, in short, tragic. Hearing someone that you deeply care about, say that they no longer want you is a whirlwind of emotions. But, then comes the task of deleting everything from your life that reminds you of them. Which is the real heartbreak: Breaking up.. or throwing away the gifts and memories you received? I think it is the latter of the two actions. Every small detail of conversations you had together is rewound and played on the screen in your brain until you feel as though as your head is going up in flames. I've never really gone through a break up that was this heart wrenching. But, there are a few things that I have learned and they may work for you.

Cry as much as you think you need to. I'm not saying to run around and sob to every person on the street, but crying it out is going to help. As soon as she left I really broke down and allowed myself to open up and cry my heart out. But, I'm crying less and less every day because I am facing it head on and you should too.

Alone time is necessary, but best in small quantities. You need alone time to really grieve this out of your system. But, if you sit there for hours, you're just going to get yourself stuck in this hole for longer than you want, trust me. You'll start replaying everything once again and you'll start to feel so angry. You'll feel weighed down and that will just keep you in your bed all day. You will have to have a conversation with yourself, too. Don't force yourself to have this conversation if you're not ready, but do it sooner than later.

The talk. You have to have a serious talk with yourself that usually helps you start to move on. First, it's good to go to your own safe space, usually away from where you stay. Sit in the natural environment's noise and take a deep breath. You have to go through all the mess that you have been left in. I'm not saying to put the pieces back together, that's what time is for. Just map out where a majority of the pieces will go eventually. This is when you make a game plan and start accepting the fact that it's over.

Clean up shop. You just have to bite the bullet and delete them from your life. This, in my opinion, is what really hurts because you start to put touch to memory and relive the moments with them. You have to approach this pretty aggressively if you ask me. You just have to march in and take everything down that reminds you of them because it will just hurt worse and worse every time your eyes lock onto it. Now, for some this may not be necessary or a big deal, but this can become a huge task. And it is best for you to throw it away, but not everyone is capable of doing this. I mean, I just have the stuff put in a bag in a corner of my room!

Distract and interact. You have to keep yourself busy or else you will text them, and it ain't cute. Start doing your homework days in advance, join a club, go to the gym, start talking to people, there are endless things to do that can impact you positively. If you distract yourself, you won't feel as depressed and you definitely won't be texting your ex.

Well, I hope this can help someone out there. Just keep your head up and don't let this ruin you. You are better than this.