Lean: The New Gatorade

Lean: The New Gatorade

What can't Drake do these days?

2080
Lean: The New Gatorade
Tumblr

Innovation in society is put on the fast lane through popular culture. Oftentimes, different fields of discipline or study feed off the ideas of others in order to make facets of their work better. In one such case, the athletic world is taking a big lesson from famous rappers in order to enhance athletic performance and change the way we view sports forever. On the forefront of cutting-edge technology, however inadvertently, are the likes of Lil' Wayne and Drake ("Who would have thought he was at the forefront of anything," and, "What can't he do these days," respectively), with their heavily referenced drink, "lean", that is sweeping the nation. Here is what many of the world's most respected scientists are finding about lean and why it might shape sports as we know it in ways we never could have imagined.

1. Codeine.

Codeine is primarily used for pain and cough treatment; off the bat, that puts a leg up over any other sports drink on the market. I would sell Pfizer's stock if I were you, because Advil might tank. Lean provides the ultimate convenience for an athlete with a sore back or after an intense practice, with it being a sports drink and a pain reliever all in one. Gone are the days where one would have to take Advil with Gatorade. Or ice baths. Plus, it is said that codeine gives a "euphoric feeling" -- essentially, this thing is a super-steroid. This stuff will make you fly. It might as well. I heard they're setting up a shrine for it now in the laboratory. I'm just looking forward to the day Ellen DeGeneres gives some away to all the Pee Wee football moms in the audience.

2. Promethazine.

Promethazine is said to reduce nervousness. Along with the euphoric codeine, it makes a player unstoppable and ready to take on whatever is in his path. Additionally, it may make one drowsier; this is just a minor hurdle. It's like when the NBA told Jordan that he couldn't wear the shoes he made so Nike footed the bill every single game he played. You need something to balance out the codeine. Instead of turning into Jesus, you might just turn into one of his disciples.

3. A variety of authentic flavors.

I didn't say natural flavors, but at least they have the name, not like "Frost", or "Rain Berry". It's like comfort candy propelling you to run through everyone on the football field. Your ten-year-old self would be proud.

4. It has less sugar than Gatorade.

One piece of Jolly Rancher has 13 grams of sugar, versus one 240-ml. bottle of Gatorade having 14. Health-conscious parents, don't worry. Lean can make your kid better at sports and be healthier for your kid than Gatorade, which would satisfy both ends of the high school gym class food chain.

5. You don't need fancy commercials.

In order to buy Gatorade, most people need to see commercials on TV from their favorite athletes that say how Gatorade fuels them up to wink at the camera and throw 300 yards. But with lean, you don't need to do that: why would you spend the money on a commercial when you're already hearing about it from the rappers that blast through your kid's locker room? It's more direct. It's good business. It saves money. Maybe Donald Trump could take a lesson in that, however braggadocious that sounds.

6. It's with the times.

It's 2016. In this day and age, it's more important than ever to be accepting of all genders, races, religions, and creeds. This is why lean takes an incredible step forward and distributes a stereotypically "girl" color and places it in a "boy" arena (no pun intended), without having to repulse people with the taste and make them go back to lemon lime. Lean can be purple and lemon lime. It's called capitalism, people. Deal with it.

*** Just a disclaimer: don't actually drink lean. It's illegal and you could die. Thanks.